Monday 21 March 2011

Liz Earle Spot On

I do have blemished prone skin but recently, it has started to clear up and it hasn't been as bad as it used to be back when I was 13-17 so I'm guessing my blemished skin is just down to hormones. But it's always nice to have a spot treatment around 'just incase.' However, the morning that Liz Earle's Spot On found its way threw my door was the morning that I had one of those awful under the skin spots. I suppose you could say it was good luck.
This spot treatment can be used under make up or over make up. This is something that I definitely found handy as I now carry it around with me at all times; like I said earlier 'just incase.' It's also good to re-apply throughout the day in order to get rid of that nasty blemish quicker. Not only can this be used on spots/blemishes but you can also use it on minor cutes or bites in order for them to heal quicker - I have fortunately not had any of those recently so I cannot comment on the effect but once again, handy to have in your bag!

This treatment contains pure essential oils of tea tree, melissa and lavender plus protective natural source vitamin E to help remove your spots as quickly as possible. One ingredient that you can definitely smell is tea tree and I've also been a fan of tea tree; which is pretty strange as I know some people really don't like the smell. I guess it's because I've been using it on my skin for a very long time now so maybe I've become acquired to the scent? I must add, this smell is pretty strong and as soon as you take the lid off you can definitely smell it. However, when it's on your face it's not noticeable at all.

If you read my blog often you'll know that my usual spot treatment is my trusty Pan Oxyl so this is what I'm going to be comparing Spot On to. Both of these treatments get rid of spots within the same time frame which is around the 2-3 day mark however, the reason that I prefer Spot On is because it's incredibly soothing. It instantly removes redness from the blemish and makes it a lot easier to conceal. It also does not sting, even on an open wound which for a spot treatment is something that I've never experienced before. Unlike my Pan Oxyl it doesn't dry the skin out and it definitely doesn't leave it oily.

Overall, this is a wonderful treatment that is tiny and handy to carry around with you. The rollerball hasn't gotten blocked up as of yet and I can't see that happen. It's easy to apply, treats spots very quickly and also with the added bonuses of not stingy and soothing.

You can find this product here and it retails at £7.90.
Has anyone else tried this? What are your favourite spot treatments?
xxx