Wednesday 2 May 2012

BRITNEY SERIES: Overprotected Eye Make Up

Following on from my Britney series I decided to recreate Britney's Overprotected music video eye make up. I really love this look and I'd thought I'd done a good job until the pictures turned up. The camera flash completely washed the colours out so they look a lot lighter in the images than what they looked like in real life. I even tried adding more eye shadow but it just didn't work unfortunately.
 I started off by using Urban Decay's Verve and Bootycall as a highlight and on the inner third of my eye. I then pressed on Urban Decay's Half Baked onto the middle third of my eye. And finally, I blended Urban Decay's Darkhorse into the crease and onto the final outer third of my eye. I then continued to blend the colours together so it created a sort of gradiant look. The eye liner that I used was 17's Liquid Liner and Avon's Kajal Stick in Purple/Black. And I used 17's Va Va Voom mascara.
I really do love this look and I'm absolutely gutted on how it turned out on the pictures as in person, I'd say it looks just like the screen shot above. And for a bit of a 'blast from the past' you can watch the music video below.
xxx