Sunday 17 October 2010

Fade Out Extra Care Fade Cream - Night REVIEW

I was sent this product by Beauty Judge (thanks!) for reviewing purposes but of course, this doesn't effect my review. Also, this review is taken straight off of Beauty Judge.

First of all, I'll tell you a little bit about my skin. It's combination, spot prone and due to having a lot of spots in my teenage years (I'm still a teenager but you get this jist), I have bad acne scarring which of course, kills my confidence. When Beauty Judge asked me to try out this moisturises, I immediately said yes. I have been on the lookout for a product to reduce my scars for what seems like forever so of course, I had to give this a try.

The moisturiser comes in a white plastic tub that doesn't have the most attractive packaging in the world but it is very convenient. If you unscrew the lid, there's one of those plastic top things that keep the product inside and reduces spillages - great! I'm a big lover of nice smells and I must mention that this doesn't smell nice at all, it's very chemically. Some of you may like this however, I'm not keen at all. At one point, I considered stopping using it and if it wasn't for this review, I would've done. But now I've grown used to it and it doesn't bother me.

The cream itself is pretty thick and because my skin is combination, it does make it a little greasy for a while but after about 5 minutes, it skins in. Because the consistency of the cream is thick, you only need a tiny pea sized amount to cover the whole face, so it's great value for money - and it's cheap in the first place too! I believe it's around the £5 mark for a 50ml tub. This cream is to be applied at night (hence the name, fade cream night) and it's recommended that you use the day cream along with it. I don't think I would use the day cream because it's probably as heavy as this one and would make my skin pretty shiny.

As for the results of this cream? I can definitely see them! My scars have faded and they're not so prominant on my skin now. I don't have to use as much foundation/concealer to cover them up either. I honestly was a bit sceptical about this product at first because it is on the cheap side, yet I was wrong. This is wonderful. I have been using this for around 4 weeks now and I have seen an improvement of around 30-40% which is fantastic. I will definitely continue to use this and hopefully, my scarring should be virtually invisible within a few months. Also, this tub will last me an incredibly long amount of time - I've only used around 4% of it in 4 weeks. 

I also must add, this did break me out a little bit. But as it was a new product, I was expecting this. Also, on open spots, it does sting.

Beware, these before/after pictures aren't very attractive!
Left cheek before
Left cheek after
Right cheek before
Right cheek after

Can you see the difference? I certainly can! 
xxx