Sunday 28 February 2010

JML Bumpits

I apologise in advance for how terrible I look lol!

I received this product from Beauty Judge (thank you) and this does not affect my review in anyway :)

Design:
I like the outer packaging of this product, it's really girly and looks cute. However, I had to put my mark down because of the actual 'Bumpits.' I received these in 'light brown' and however they were brown I don't know. To me, they seemed more dark blonde than light brown. You receive 3 of these, one is a small one, another is a bigger one and the other one, is tiny for quiffs. Also, you receive a comb and a 'how to' leaflet. Firstly, I love the comb, it's great for backcombing and I'm really glad I got this. Secondly, the Bumpits, like I said, the colour was a bit dodgy and also, they felt completely plasticy and now very strong at all, luckily, they turned out to be strong. However, when pulling these out of my hair, some of my hair managed to get snagged it ended up really hurting. The leaflet is very informative and contains pictures and is very helpful.



Results:
Firstly, I have very flat hair and it's awful!



To apply the Bumpits, you separate a piece of hair above your ears, backcomb it really well, place the Bumpit underneath and let the hair fall over it. Simple? Well it does sound it, but for me, it was hard! It was very fidly to get the right amount of hair and this meant me having to keep on trying until the hair completly covered the Bumpit, and that was a job in itself.

If you look at my picture review of these you can see the different basic styles you can create.

1. One Bumpit: For this, it's just the normal way of applying the Bumpit. I didn't really like the look of this and this is because basically, it looks very outdated and from the 50's. I don't believe that this product gives out instant volume as in my opinion, this isn't what volume is about. Personally, if I'm making a comparison, this made me look like a gorilla, you know how they have the big dome shape on top of their heads? My mum does seem to like this look though and she said it 'suited me' so I guess it's just personal preference.



2. Quiff Bumpit: For me, I liked this look. Although it didn't really add anything extra to what my normal quiff looked like it did hold it in place and also felt a lot more secure.



3. Double Bumpit: This is using the one Bumpit and then adding another behind it. Basically, for this one, I feel the same as I do about the one Bumpit except I believe the 2nd Bumpit adds nothing towards this style. It just sort of drops out and is very visible.



Overall, I was not a fan of this product. I didn't like the look it gave me and I repeat, it looked outdated. Yes, it's down to personal preference and who knows, maybe this look will come back into fashion? If you look at it from a different perspective and you like this look, the Bumpits are sturdy and do hold the hair in place (except the extra Bumpit for the Double Bumpit look). They are strong, yet I recommend having a good look at the colour before hand. I really wanted to like this product, but unfortunatly, I couldn't.

What do you think? Have a look at the pictures and decide for yourself. By the way, these retail at £9.99.