Wednesday 5 June 2013

Personalised Foundation Finder by PS Beauty


You know one thing that is really hard when it comes to the world of beauty? Finding the foundation. There are so many out there on the market and when it comes to searching for a new one, you can often be left feeling overwhelmed. I know I've been there before. You see, foundation is my number one beauty love - I just can't get enough of them - and even though I have many in my collection, there are only a few I would highly recommend to people. But even then, my recommendations are useless. I love full coverage foundation but you might prefer low coverage. I like a satin finish but you might prefer a matte finish. There are so many things to look for when it comes to finding your perfect foundation and luckily for us, PS Beauty have come up with a tool to make it that little bit easier. I've been playing around on their personalised foundation finder for about a week or so now and because of it, I have a couple of foundations on my wishlist to try out.

The foundation finder is basically that. It does the hard work for you, whittling down thousands of different foundations until it can recommend you a few that it thinks would be perfect. It takes you through a few different steps such as choosing your skin tone, your undertone, your skin type, the coverage and finish you'd prefer and then it asks you to rate the different foundations that you've tried. For example, if I was rating Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation it would ask me the shade I've used and then how I feel about the consistency, the longevity and the value for money of the product. It then asks if I'd buy the product again. After you've selected as many foundations as you've tried (the more the better) the little computer works its magic and comes up with recommendations for you based on what you like. How bloody clever is that?! I'm absolutely addicted to this little lifesaver and if you'd like to try it out for yourself then just click here.

What are your thoughts on the foundation finder? Have you found your perfect foundation because of it?
xxx
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________