Sunday 30 June 2013

Monthly Round Up #1

As well as doing a monthly favourites every month, I'm also going to commit to something new. I'm going to a do a "monthly round-up" post just in case you missed any of my favourite blog posts I've published this month. So I've picked ten out of 30 blog posts that I have enjoyed writing to show to you. If you like this kind of post then please do let me know and if you have a monthly round-up post on your blog, send me your links!

I kicked this month off with my Westfield Derby haul. In case you didn't know, I was given a £100 - eeek - giftcard from Westfield to spend in any of their shopping centres so me and my mother trotted off to the Derby one. I managed to get a hell of a lot for my money and stuck to my "only buy clothes" rule pretty well. Although, there are a few cheeky Boots purchases on there too - if you show me a Boots, I can't resist.

Another favourite this month are my reviews of both the Stylfile S-Ped & Buffer. These two products are absolutely wonderful but the thing that made me the happiest about this review is that the winner of the Apprentice, Tom Pellereau tweeted me and told me that he loved my review (he's also the inventor of these products). As a massive fan of the Apprentice, this pretty much made my entire month life.

A few other products that I tried out this month were the Bumble and Bumble Surf range. I reviewed - aka gushed - about the products and told you all why I love them but hate them at the same time. The price of the products makes me want to cry because the products themselves are absolutely incredible - and completely deserving of the price - but are way too expensive for my tiny student budget. Sigh. It's a hard life.

This month I also wrote my first post for Trend Life Magazine. In this post I told you all my five must-have summer beauty products and when I first wrote this post, the sun was glaring outside. Unfortunately for us British people, the sun hasn't had its hat on these past few weeks - maybe I jinxed it, oops - but today has been a pleasant surprise weather wise.

I also posted a little eye make up look that I really loved creating with my Urban Decay Naked palette. It's a palette that has been a bit unloved since the arrival of the Naked 2 and Naked Basics palette but ever since that post, I've definitely rediscovered it and realised the reason why I fell in love with it in the first place. It's all I've been wearing on my eyes this month.

I have some new favourite lip products! And I wrote about them all in my not quite a lipstick post. The title of this post is a little bit weird but I'm someone that loves - but can't get on - with your usual bog-standard lipsticks. But luckily for me, technology has advanced and there are now some wonderful formulas out there so this post is about those glide lipsticks/lip crayons/lip markers etc. I also reviewed (and swatched!) the Models Own Lip-Stix's which I wish I could've included in the "not quite a lipstick" post but unfortunately, I "discovered" them too late.

I'm a fake tan addict and I wrote a review of my new favourite fake tan, Fake Bake's 60 Minutes Self Tan Liquid. This fake tan is foolproof - you couldn't streak it or make it look orange if you tried. It's also quick at developing and only takes 60 minutes to 3 hours which is great for those of you in a rush and those who want to apply and go. In this post, I did a before and after picture so if you're interested in pale people who magically turn brown in just 60 minutes, this is a post you can't miss.

This month, I discovered an Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess dupe for just £8.94. I couldn't believe it myself when I first smelt the perfume in question and I had to blog about it and let you all know. Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess is the god of summer fragrances but unfortunately, it's pretty pricey so I'm glad to have a found a cheaper alternative - with a cuter bottle too!

I also posted my day time and night time skin care routines which are posts that I loved writing. I'm a skincare addict and I'm really comfortable and happy with my current skincare routine - it's really kept my scarring in check. So I was happy and excited to share with you my favourite skincare products of the moment.

And finally, I asked the question which Real Techniques face brush do I need? There are so many out there and although I use them all on a daily basis - you don't need them all. So I took the three most popular Real Techniques face brushes and compared them to let you know which ones I believe would be most suitable for your needs.
Go Home
So there you have it! My favourite posts this month. I also thought I'd include a blogger favourite every month to share the love a little bit. Not only am I blogger myself, I'm an avid blog reader and I'm subscribed to over 200 blogs myself - all I pretty much do is refresh BlogLovin in my spare time. My monthly blog love "award" goes to the lovely Charl at Ginger Girl Says. Her blog has me in stitches - she's a wonderful writer and mixes beauty, fashion and lifestyle perfectly. So if you have a few spare minutes, go over and say hello! I promise you won't be disappointed.

What have been your favourite blog posts to write/read this month? Who's your "blogger of the month?"
xxx
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________