Sunday 16 June 2013

The £8.94 Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess dupe


My first dupe - eeek! Just the other week, I stupidly walked into Debenhams to have a little sniff of the much loved Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess. Instantly, I fell in love. It was pretty much summer in a bottle and the strong smell of coconut blew me away. Since that day, I haven't stopped thinking about the fragrance - and its £45 price tag which sadly, I could never afford.

Luckily for me, I didn't bring any perfume back home with me from university. So when I went out the other night, I was searching through old drawers in my bedroom and when I spotted the beautiful looking Gwen Stefani Harajuku Lovers G sitting there. I can remember my mum buying this for my sister because it smelt of coconuts. So I decided to have a little spritz and instantly it reminded me of the Bronze Goddess fragrance. In fact, it smells exactly the same for a teeny tiny fraction of the price.

Now, the only problem is this fragrance has now been discontinued so you won't be able to find it in most stores. However, I've managed to find it on Amazon - and there are many on eBay too - for just £8.94 which is a complete and utter steal. Luckily, my sister's hardly used any of this perfume so for now, this will do me. I will be however, stocking up for the future as it smells incredible and whenever I get a whiff of it, I think I'm lying on the Caribbean beaches sipping away at a Pina Colada - yum! The fragrance features notes such as coconut, mandarin, freesia and sandlewood which all blend together to create sunny perfection.

You can buy this fragrance from Amazon here where it retails for £8.94. You can buy Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess here where it retails for £45 (and is sold out). Have you ever smelt this perfume before? What do you think? Will you be trying it out to see how it compares to Bronze Goddess?
xxx
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________