Wednesday 6 November 2013

HAUL | Beauty and fashion

As many of you will know, I work on Boots and working in Boots comes with a lot of perks - one being double discount. During this years double discount, SEVENTEEN were offering three of their products for £10 which meant that I got the following three products for just £5.50 - an absolute bargain. The SEVENTEEN Stay Time Foundation - £6.49 is pretty much a cheaper version of Estee Lauder's Double Wear. It's full coverage, lasts all day and doesn't dry the skin out. I can't find a fault in this foundation - it's absolutely perfect. The SEVENTEEN On the Spot Foundation - £6.99 is lighter in coverage and leaves the skin looking flawless yet natural. It claims to clear skin in 4 weeks but I don't know how true these claims are. However, anything that doesn't make my skin worse is a bonus for me. I then purchased another SEVENTEEN Stay Time Concealer - £4.49 in a different shade. 

I also bought another tube of the Colgate Max White One Active toothpaste - £3.99 after mine had ran out. I do have braces so I'm not supposed to use whitening products however, my teeth are becoming more and more stained by the day. I will be getting my teeth professionally whitened when my braces come off however for now, I love this toothpaste. It does what it says and while it's not a miracle product, it's a great quick fix for now.

Since coming back to university, my skin has been an absolute mess. I decided to pop along to Boots (after researching a couple of products) and pick up the Clearasil Ultra Blemish + Marks Wash and Mask - £5.79 and the La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I. Targeted Breakout Corrector - £9.50. The Clearasil face wash is absolutely wonderful. Despite telling myself I'd never use the brand again, (when I was younger, it bleached my eyebrows) when you're in need and your skin doesn't seem to behave, Clearasil is incredible. The product can be used as a face wash or a quick face mask and instantly, blemishes appear reduced. It's creamy and a dream to use. The La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I is my day-to-day spot treatment. I now have a prescription spot treatment to use at night but I love using this one during the day time because it's light and does the job. It works very well with my Effaclar Duo and it doesn't dry the skin out.

I bought the VICHY DERMABLEND Corrective Foundation - £15.50 absolutely ages ago when I thought that my other bottle was running low. However two months later, my original bottle is still going strong (you only need a tiny amount of this foundation) and this one is waiting to be opened. It's my all time favourite foundation and you can find my review and see how well it covers here. I bought the Cute or What Penny the Owl Coin Purse - £5.00 when I was buying my Christmas presents. I had one free item left with my 3 for 2's and decided to treat myself to this beautiful purse. As I'm a student, I go out quite a lot and I don't want to be dragging along my big purse so I pop my money and cards into this one as it's smaller. When I originally wrote this post, I raved about I Heart New York. Since then, I've read six other books in the series and I'm now ready to read I Heart London by Lindsey Kelk - £3.85. I adore these books - they're humorous, easy to read and the chances are, they'll make you cry. 

I bought the Denim Skater Skirt - £5.00 and Coral Sketchy Cat T-Shirt - £2.00 quite a while ago - during Freshers Week in fact - in the sale. I absolutely adore the denim skirt as it's one of those things that goes with anything and can be worn during the day or at night. The same goes for the Black Embossed Skater Skirt - £14.99. I can wear it no matter what the occasion. It's very well made and despite the fact I've got many black skater skirts, this one is my favourite. I've been wearing the Varied Stripe Jumper - £7.49 so much recently. It goes with everything and can be worn with jeans or thrown over the top of a dress to keep me warm and cosy. After buying the cat crop top, my love for crop tops continued to grow so I bought the LOU LOU White and Pink Crop Tee - £10.00 in a couple of sizes too big - I loved the oversized crop top look - and it's really pretty for night time. And finally, the photo of the LOVE Hot Pink Wrap Playsuit - £10.00 doesn't do it justice but it's a wonderful "out of my comfort zone" piece of clothing that I desperately can't wait to wear.

What have you been buying recently?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________