Wednesday 27 July 2011

Current Favourites

I'm so sorry that it's been a while since I've blogged. I don't even have an excuse for you. I guess I just haven't been feeling inspired. But I'm back! I thought I'd do a current favourites post because I always love knowing what people are currently loving and I hope you do too! - I wrote this at the time of writing this post which was last weekend.. However since then, Blogger has been playing up. It's now working fine thank god!
TRESemme Freeze Hold Hairspray

Don't be fooled by the 'freeze hold' part - it doesn't look so prominent in your hair. I spritz a bit of this on before I leave the house and my hair doesn't move for the rest of the day; and like I said before, it's barely noticeable.

Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Split End Protection Cream

I'm still using and loving this. I can't see me ever abandoning this product to be honest. Because I don't get my hair cut, split ends always appear in my hair however this cream seals them and keeps my hair looking healthy - It also helps my hair grow long.

VO5 Volumising Spray
Just like every other Volumising spray this lifts the roots of the hair and adds a nice amount of volume. It’s also has added heat protection and it doesn’t make my hair look or feel greasy.

Urban Fudge Straight Hair Stuff
This is a straightening mist with heat protection. I've really been loving Urban Fudge's products lately; the orange bottles really entice me in and this one doesn't let me down. It protects hair for heat damage up to 230 degrees (perfect for my 200 degrees GHDs) and because of this, my hair looks very healthy. I used to use the TRESemme heat protection but of course, I like to experiment. I do love them both as they both do an incredible job but I find myself reaching for this more before of the bottle colour. It leaves hair smooth, protected and smelling gorgeous!
Dirty Works Soak It Up Body Moisture Spray
I've always stayed clear of body oils as such mainly because my skin is combination and my hair gets oily quickly. But with this, I thought I'd give it a try. It smells really beautiful and if you've tried Soap & Glory's Flake Away then this is exactly what it smells like. It absorbs easily and leaves my skin feeling nourished, moisturised and smell beautiful. With it being an oil, it also allows my skin to glow which is why I mainly use it on my legs. There's nothing like glowing skin in the summer. I use this daily after I've bathed and/or before I got out anywhere.
Miss Guided nail polish in Misstique
I mentioned this in my summer series nail polish post that you can view here (it includes a swatch)! I'm still loving it.. the colour and formula is wonderful.

Avon Lotus Shield
Yes I’m still in love with this. It fights everyday wear and tear and doesn’t allow humidity to effect my hair. It leaves hair sleek, soft and in the exact same style that you left the house with. I couldn’t be without this.

Barry M Lipglosses
I adore Barry M lipglosses. They're cheap, tasty, well pigmented and last a while on the lips. I couldn't be without them!
Liz Earle Line Smoothing Serum
I use this under my moisturiser before make up and it does an incredible job at making my face look plumped up, smooth and healthy. It's mainly aimed at mature/dry skin but I don't have any and it still works a treat. My skin is combination and this done a very good job at balancing it out and creating a lovely base for make up.. I find that after using this, make up just glides onto my skin and there is no patchyness. If you have very oily skin then I'd recommend using this as a moisturiser on its own as it really is a perfect base for make up. If you have dry skin, this is a wonderful serum that will give your dry skin a boost and smooth over your dry areas. Or if you're like me with normal/combination skin, this is a perfect base for make up that will balance your skin. It's incredibly versitile and my must have serum.

Good Things Stop That Spot
My skin has been terrible recently and this product has really cleared it up. It's not like every other spot treatment that you've come across.. It smells like fruit! No nasty chemical smell. A gorgeous berry smell that smells divine. It also is moisturising and glides over the skin without stingy any infected areas. I was very surprised when I started using this; it's nothing like a spot treatment gel yet it works just as well!

Soap & Glory The Breakfast Scrub
Smells like oats and well, breakfast and removes dead skin cells leaving beautifully smelling and looking soft skin. If you don't have this, you need it. It's my favourite body scrub. And I can't see that changing!
 
What products are you currently loving?
xxx