Monday 11 July 2011

SUMMER SERIES: Pt 6 - Nail Polish

I have been waiting to do this post for a while now, however last month, I saw that Cosmopolitan was including a beautiful nail polish in this months issue so I've been waiting for the magazine to be released.. & I'll tell you know, it's gorgeous!

When it comes to summer, I believe that colour should be embraced. And if you're scared to do a flick of blue on your lips or a pop of red on your lips, nail polish is a safe bet for anyone. 

L-R NailGirls #3, Barry M Nail Paint #262, NailGirls #10, Barry M Nail Paint #030 (LE), NailGirls #3 Matte. 

These nail polishes definitely have my favourite formulas. All of them apply beautifully, are opaque in one coat and last an awfully long time.
L-R Collection 2000 Fast Dry in Fruit Salad, Nails Inc in Brook Street, Collection 2000 Fast Dry in Dynasty, MissGuided in Misstique, BeYu in #112, 17 Lasting Fix in Orange Soda.

These are the nail polishes that don't have very good formulas (minus the MissGuided one). They apply in streaks, blotch easily, don't last long, use a lot of coats.. But for me, it's the colour that matters. And the colours of these nail polishes are beautiful.
L-R Barry M Nail Paint in #030 (LE), NailGirls #3, NailGirls #3 Matte, NailGirls #10, Barry M #262.
L-R Collection 2000 Fast Dry in Fruit Salad, Collection 2000 Fast Dry in Dynasty, 17 Lasting Fix in Orange Soda, Nails Inc in Brook Street, BeYu #112 
And then my favourite choice for summer? MissGuided's nail polish in the colour Misstique! This is free with Cosmopolitan this month.. It's absolutely beautiful and I've only had it a few hours. I'm in love. It applies well, it's opaque, it's bright, it's beautiful and best of all, it's free!

So, these are my choices if you're looking for bright summer nails.. What are yours?
xxx