Thursday 3 November 2011

Sheer Cover Make Up Range

Whilst I've heard a lot about the Sheer Cover make up range, I'd never actually tried it out for myself. Mainly because as far as I'm aware, you cannot buy this make up range in shops and therefore you don't have the chance to play around with products and find out which colours suit you best. However, when I was given the opportunity to try out some products from the range, of course, I jumped at the chance.
 I received the Sheer Cover® Introductory VIP Kit which retails at £29.99 and includes 2x Mineral Foundation, Duo Concealer, Extra-Length Mascara, Base Perfecter, Foundation Brush, Concealer Brush and Sophisticate Face Palette.
 The concealer I received was in the colour light/medium and you can see the swatches above. I don't know if you can tell from the swatches but this concealer is very creamy and easy to work with. It also provides fantastic coverage, blends easily and covers up virtually everything. This is definitely my favourite product from the range and I use it daily with the concealer brush. As for the concealer brush, I'm not usually a fan of them as I have a lot to conceal and they're usually small. However, this concealer brush is amazing. It picks up and distributes the right amount of product onto the face and blends flawlessly. 
 This is the Sophisticate Face Palette; the casing is plastic and it looks very professional and expensive. It also comes with a huge mirror inside. Starting at the top left hand corner is a blush and it's in the colour Ginger. It's a really pretty neutral colour that has a gorgeous shimmer running throughout it that brightens the complexion. I'm a big fan of this blush and use it daily when I want a quick pick-me-up. Below the blush are two lipglosses in the colours Caramel Ice and Ballerina. My guess is that the pinky one is Ballerina. These lipglosses aren't very pigmented - but then again they are lipglosses. They're shimmery but don't add any colour to the lips and instead, just add a subtle highlight. They're really pretty but I don't love them. Next are the four eyeshadows. The top two are in the colours Sable and Pebble and the bottom two are in the colours Charcoal and Mauve. All four eyeshadows are really pretty, pigmented colours that have subtle shimmer running throughout them. They're easy to blend and work with however, they don't last long on the eyelid without a primer. 
Swatches - Ginger, Pebble, Sable, Ballerina, Caramel Ice, Charcoal, Mauve.

Next up I'm going to talk about the foundations. They're 100% natural minerals (as are everything within this range) and they're infused with skin-soothing botanicals, sun protection and anti-ageing ingredients to protect the skin from premature ageing. The range is also great for those with sensitive skin as it doesn't contain any oils, perfumes, dyes or talcs. I do like these foundations.. they provide buildable coverage and are easy to blend; they also reflect to light which minimises the look of fine lines and gives off a flawless finish. The foundation doesn't look cakey either and it lasts throughout the day. However for me personally, I prefer using liquid foundations. I have no idea why.. but I do. I find loose powder products a bit fiddly and a lot of effort - I guess I just need to get used to them. I do use the mineral foundation as a finishing powder though as it's great for adding an extra layer of coverage and mattifying the skin. The foundation brush that comes with this kit is also really good for applying the foundation and it distributes it well without caking one side of the face.

Next, the Base Perfecter is a wonder product. It smoothes imperfections, minimizes pores and also ensures that make up lasts throughout the day. I've tried a lot of primers in my time however, this is definitely my favourite. It preps the skin for make up beautifully. And finally the Extra Length Mascara; it's a wonderful mascara - the formula isn't too wet or too dry and it doesn't flake throughout the day. It also adds an awful lot of length to the eyelashes. However, that is all it does. It doesn't curl the lashes or add volume (which I wouldn't expect it to as that is not what the name says). But it's just a warning incase you're looking for an all rounder.

Products I Love - Duo Concealer, Concealer Brush, Blush in Ginger, Base Perfecter
Products I Like - Extra Length Mascara, Foundation (as finishing powders), Eyeshadows, Foundation Brush
Products I Don't Rate - Lip glosses

Has anyone else tried out this make up range? What are your thoughts? And do you have any tips on how I can fall in love with mineral foundation?
xxx