Saturday 16 June 2012

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation Review & Comparison Photos

After all the glowing reviews of this foundation popping up on both blogs and in YouTube videos, I couldn't resist making the purchase especially since I've noticed a change in my skin (I'm looking to overhaul my skin care routine) - it's a lot more dull than it used to be. I also noticed that in Boots this foundation is currently on offer for just £6.99 (£6.12 with discount) which is an absolute bargain, so I went out and bought it.
 And I'm so glad that I did. First of all the packaging for a high street foundation is lovely. It's very sturdy, made of glass, comes with a pump for hygiene and also is very pretty - I particularly love the bright orange lid which is something that I love seeing in mornings. The scent of this foundation is very nice; it's fresh and clean which is refreshing for me as my foundations normally smell like paint. The foundation feels very light on the skin even though I'd say it's medium/full coverage. It isn't matte but it isn't completely dewy it just makes your skin look radiant, glowing and awake. It's very easy to apply and blend and also contains SPF15 which is great for summer - but not so good for photographs.
My skin is pretty bad at the moment and as you can see this foundation covers all my imperfections. The scars still kinda show through which isn't a problem for me (unless I'm going on a night out but that's nothing that a concealer can't fix). As I've already mentioned it makes the skin look glowing and you can see this in the picture above.
It's a great foundation and it's the best I've tried from the high street so far. I've only just purchased it yesterday but I'm already in love with it. I even went out earlier and bought another one for my mum. You can buy it from Boots on offer for £6.99 here (normal price £8.99).
Have you tried this foundation? What do you think?
xxx