Thursday 14 June 2012

What's In My... 'Travel' Make Up Bag

First thing's first, I must apologise about the shocking picture. This was the best of a bad bunch and for some reason, these products (minus the HD Brow Palette) didn't want to photograph at all. But I really wanted to write this post so I thought a bad picture is better than no post! Recently I'm in between Mansfield and Lincoln because university is finished but I still have my job out there. I don't want to take all my make up back to Mansfield yet as I love blogging at Lincoln so I've just taken a small bag full of my current favourite products at the moment and here they are...
On my skin I've currently been loving both the No7 Shine Free Primer - £11.00 and the Benefit Porefessional Primer - £23.50. I use the No7 primer on my t-zone to keep my skin matte and the Benefit primer on my cheeks to cover up my pores. The combination of both works really well and I've been using these two together every day. When it comes to foundation I've rediscovered MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation - £23.00. It provides great coverage that's natural looking and isn't too heavy when applied to the skin. I do sometimes get red skin so I usNatural Collection Corrector Stick - £1.99 which I bought just so I could get 50 Boots points. But I do love it. It's a bit chalky so it needs warming up but it does a great job at concealing redness for such a cheap price. I've been combining two concealers together; the Max Factor Pan Stix - £6.99 which essentially is a foundation but my skin hasn't been that bad recently so I don't use it as a foundation as it is full coverage. And the No7 Quick Cover Blemish Stick - £8.00 which provides good coverage that lasts throughout the day. I haven't been using any powder on my skin as my primers are that good but I have been using both the Liz Earle Natural Glow Bronzer* - £19.50 and MAC Powder Blush in Pink Swoon - £17.50 to perk my skin up and provide me with a lovely colour. Both are very natural, matte and do a great job at warming and brightening the skin. Of course on my eyes I've been using the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette - £36.00 which is the best nude, natural palette out there. I've then been using the 17 Liquid Liner - £3.99 to define my eyes and finishing off with my new favourite mascara, No7 Exceptional Definition Mascara - £12.50 which is great for volumising and defining the lashes. On my bottom lashes I've been using a mascara by Flutter which I received at Christmas. It's a small mascara which is great for using on the bottom lashes. As always on my eye brows I've been using the HD Brow Palette* - £19.95 to fill my brows in and setting them with the Collection 2000 Colour Lash Mascara in Clear - £2.99. And finally I've been completing the look with 17 Mirror Shine On Lipstick in Belle - £4.59 which is a lovely nude lip colour that hydrates the lips.
xxx