Monday 11 June 2012

Skin Care Overhaul

From a young age I've suffered with blemish-prone skin and from then on, I've always been in the mindset that I need to buy products for oily/blemish prone skin. However, I've started to realise that recently, my skin has changed. If I apply foundation it will soon start to look patchy, horrible and dull and it's not just the foundation either as I've switched many times. So it must be my skin care routine. I now think that I have normal-combination skin that suffers with the odd breakout and my skin is definitely very dull. So I've recently decided that I need a skin care overall. I've chosen a few products from Boots and I'm going to do a lot of research into them and visit a few counters to find out if they're perfect for me. As you can see, they're pretty expensive so I don't want to rush into buying them straight away. I will also add that I will be keeping my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish as my nighttime cleanser, my PanOxyl as my spot treatment and my No7 Beautiful Skin Night Cream for Normal/Oily skin as my night cream just because I love them so much!
As soon as I read this I knew that I needed to have it. It's a foaming gel that promises to remove make up and pollution for clean, blemish-free, detoxified skin. The Clarins Daily Energizer range sounds wonderful and it's targeted for 18-late 20 year olds and ensures that young skin looks clear, fresh and glowing and feels soft and smooth every day. This is thanks to its energy boosting shot of vitamin C which stimulates the skin's natural defences. It also has turmeric which is a powerful antioxidant, alchemilla which regulates sebum production and ginkgo biloba which brightens the skin and boosts its radiance.
A good moisturiser is key to good skin and great looking make up and I wanted one that boosts radiance whilst protecting the skin. This moisturiser is lightweight and provides antioxidant protection whilst improving skin texture and tone to leave is smooth and radiant. The moisturise improves skin radiance and gently exfoliates to reveal smoother, healthier looking skin and texture.
This toner is designed with plant extract which helps to refine skin texture and brighten the complexion. I'm still a bit unsure whether to go for this toner or the Clarins Daily Energizer one. I do have enlarged pores but even though this one claims to be gentle I'm still worried about toners completely stripping my skin. But then again I don't want to go for a moisturising one as my make up would literally slide off my face. Or maybe I should leave a toner out altogether? Or maybe I should just buy another Caudalie Beauty Elixir as I loved it so much last time. Or maybe the Caudalie Grape Water as it's pretty cheap and sounds decent. Decisions!
With my staff discount I would get these products for £52.82 which to be honest, I don't think is that bad. Especially because I'll just be using them once a day so they're guaranteed to last me a while. And also, the moisturiser is 60ml which is huge!
Have you tried any of these products? Would you recommend any of them? Or would you warn me to stay clear of any?
xxx