Friday 15 February 2013

REVIEW: Nip + Fab CC Range with Comparison Pictures

It's no secret that I'm not a fan of the Western BB creams. Before they were introduced into the UK, I was a fan of the Asian BB creams - moderate coverage and great skin care benefits. However the Western BB creams did absolutely nothing. They didn't even out my skin tone, they didn't do anything to my skin and they didn't brighten it. In fact, I think that they were a load of old rubbish with wonderful advertising campaigns to back them up. So when I first heard about CC creams I was intrigued. CC cream basically stands for either "Colour Control, Complexion Corrector or Colour Correction." Like BB creams they promise skin care and SPF but with better coverage as they aim to correct your skin tone.

So of course, I was very excited when I was given the opportunity to try out Nip + Fab's range of CC products. The first is a CC cream which has an SPF of 30. It promises to provide 24 hour moisturisation with a shine free finish and give a smoother application with a lighter texture. It also claims to correct and blend natural skin tone with light diffusing particles. It uses oat extract (to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and hold make up in place for longer), hyaluronic acid (for 24 hour moisturisation), light diffusing pigments (to improve texture, mattify and give an instant, natural looking improvement to the skin with a soft focus finish) and Soline® (to soothe the skin). Second up is the CC Eye Fix which is an eye cream and concealer in one. It combines Osilift® (to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, provide an anti-wrinkle effect and hold make up in place), glycerin (to moisturise and revive), beeswax (support moisturisation and protect and care for delicate skin) and light diffusing pigments (to improve texture and brighten and conceal dark circles).

Sounds good right? It promises a lot but so did BB creams. But regardless of this, I went into testing the products with an open mind. If anything, I was exciting and intrigued. I hope they'd change my mind on the famous Asian-turned-Western miracle products. I've actually really enjoyed using these products. Particularly the Eye Fix. I find them both very easy and comfortable to use. They blend really well into the skin and as the products promise, they do adapt to my skin tone. With a primer, they both last all day long and only after about 8 hours do I notice shine coming through the skin and I see the CC cream starting to separate a little bit.
Before and After from left to right

Pretty good results right? The coverage is definitely better than what Western BB creams have to offer. I'd say the CC cream provides light coverage which is easily built up to medium coverage. You can see from the images above that it covers up my redness and spots but not quite my scarring, although it does tame it down a little bit - nothing concealer can't fix. The Eye Fix is fabulous. It brightens the skin up and completely gets rid of dark circles. I think that I've found my "go-to" under eye concealer in this one. I've never tried the YSL Touche Eclat but I'd say it's the same kind of product - more brightening than concealing but doing a fantastic job.
In the above video, celebrity make up artist, Amanda Grossman shows you how to create a flawless, dewy look using the CC cream.
The CC cream retails for £14.99 for 40ml and the CC Eye Fix retails for £9.95. You can read more about the range here. What do you think of CC creams? Have you tried any before?
xxx
Want to advertise on Bamboozle Beauty? Find out how to here.
Don't forget to enter my giveaway to be in with the chance of winning some imPRESS nails!