Sunday 7 July 2013

SEVENTEEN's Stay Time VS Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection

L-R SEVENTEEN's Stay Time, just Vichy's Idealia BB cream, Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection



Concealer is one of those products that I don't believe you have to spend a lot of money on. There are so many good ones on the high street that it'd be silly to go more high end. One of my all time favourite concealers is Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection. I've been using it for years and I've stayed true to it for so long - I even have it in all four shades it's available in - well, you never know do you? So when I heard about SEVENTEEN's Stay Time concealer, I knew I had to do a comparison post on the two as they claim to do pretty similar things.

SEVENTEEN Stay Time Concealer - £4.49
I bought this on Monday (double discount at work, couldn't say no!) and I'm so glad that I did. I have enough concealers to last me a lifetime and Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection has been a long term favourite of mine now. I didn't know what to expect from this concealer as I hadn't read any reviews on it as it's pretty new but I do adore SEVENTEEN as a brand so I was definitely excited. Although my expectations were mediocre, it has completed exceeded those and I'd go as far as saying it's replaced my beloved Collection 2000 concealer. The coverage on this is as full as full can get and as you can see from the images above, it covered up my nasty scarring much better than Collection 2000's version. It also doesn't budge on the skin once it's been set with powder. I'd say that this is Estee Lauder's Double Wear with more coverage in concealer form. It stays on the skin all day long until you want to remove it. Consistency wise I do like this as it's very creamy and easy to blend. It doesn't settle into any pores but you do have to work quite quickly as it settles fast.

I used to think that the coverage of this was as full as full could get but after using SEVENTEEN's version, I'd say this is pretty medium-full as I'm definitely left with some redness peaking through after using. The consistency is basically the same as SEVENTEEN's concealer as it's creamy and easy to blend but I'd say you get a bit more working time with this before it sets. It's also very good at lasting on the skin and I've never noticed any nasty breakdown even though I've been using it for over four years. It is a little bit cheaper than SEVENTEEN's concealer although not by much and it does have an extra "Deep" shade available. 

For me personally, I prefer SEVENTEEN's Stay Time concealer as I do love the extra bit of coverage it gives me over my scarring. My scars are my number one insecurity and the concealer covers them entirely which for me, is a miracle. Both the Collection 2000 and the SEVENTEEN concealers are pretty similar so it's good to have an alternative when the other isn't available - I know I've had trouble tracking down an instock Lasting Perfection over the years.

Have you tried any of these concealers? What are your thoughts on them?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________