Thursday 11 July 2013

The Escentual Micellar Blind Trial results



You may remember this post from a few months ago. I first wrote about the Escentual Micellar Blind Trial in May and after trialling the waters and reporting my thoughts back to Escentual, the results have been published. You read the full results here but I thought that I'd also give you all a little run down on my thoughts - more in depth reviews if you'd like.

I enjoyed using this cleansing water and it's something that I would use again. Its cleansing power was okay however it took three cotton pads to remove the bulk of my make up. If you're an avid waterproof eye make up user though, I'd highly recommend this as it removed stubborn eye make up lovely. Texture wise, it felt nice on the skin and really cooled and calmed it down. I wouldn't say that this cleansing water was moisturising but it definitely balanced my skin out.
Branded "the divine one" by bloggers and received a total score of 3.8/5

This was definitely the best cleansing water when it came to eye make up. It was one of the best ones I've ever used and it removed eye make up instantly. It felt nice on the skin but the smell really put me off - I hate the scent of roses. It was however, very moisturising and my skin felt beautifully soft afterwards. Despite the scent, this is something that I'd considering repurchasing and it removes make up wonderfully.
Branded "the calming one" by bloggers and received a total score of 3.6/5

To be quite honest, I didn't really have an opinion on this. I thought it was okay but it wasn't spectacular in anyway. It was nice to use but it didn't blow me away. However, I didn't hate it and it didn't strip my skin. I wouldn't repurchase it as I don't believe that it did much for my skin. It smelt beautiful though!
Branded "the sensuous one" by bloggers and received a total score of 4.1/5

I was heartbroken to find out that this was by Avene. I love Avene and I usually find their products very pleasant to use but this one was awful. It's good at removing eye make up but it stung my eyes badly. It was very drying on my skin and it smelt extremely alcoholic. I have combination skin but after using this, I had to switch to hydrating products for a few days as it completely stripped my skin.
Branded "the soothing one" by bloggers and received a total score of 3.9/5

This was awful at removing make up and it took forever. On the other hand though, it would make a lovely toner as it felt cooling and calming on the skin. The smell was very fresh and it balanced the skin nicely. After using the Avene Micellar Lotion, this calmed my skin down excessively so as a toner, it's perfect.
Branded "the radiant one" by bloggers and received a total score of 4.2/5

I definitely noticed that this one was Bioderma as soon as I used it despite never trying the product myself. It's a blogger favourite and I can definitely see why. It balanced my skin nicely and removed my make up efficiently. It didn't irritate my skin in anyway and it's definitely something that I would repurchase. In fact, I'm trying out their oily skin version right now!
Branded "the amazing one" by bloggers and received a total score of 4.5/5

My absolute favourite! This was a pleasure to use and it removed my make up perfectly. It didn't spread the make up around the face but dissolved it instead. It cooled and calmed my skin and left it feeling beautifully soft. I really, really love this product and I'm glad that it's one of the cheaper ones as it means that it's affordable to all. Vichy are really doing it for me at the moment - such a lovely brand.
Branded "the sensitive one" by bloggers and received a total score of 4.3/5

Before this trial, I'd never tried out a micellar water. In fact, despite never trying them for myself, I really didn't like them. Although I'm a big lover of the double cleanse, I'm a cleansing oil fan but micellar waters definitely come in handy when you want to remove your make up quickly. A couple of sweeps over the skin (with certain micellar waters) and your make up has been dissolved and your skin has been balanced. Think of them as a nicer alternative to face wipes.

What's your favourite micellar water? Have you tried any of the above?
*all bottles were sent to me free of charge however, until a few days ago, I had no idea which micellar waters were in which bottle
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________