Friday 9 May 2014

So, that's the end of university then [picture heavy]

The first picture taken at university. I look a mess and like a child.




































Yesterday saw me hand in my final ever university assignment. It's hard to believe that I've been at university for three years; the time has absolutely flown by. I can remember being at college and thinking to myself; "do I really want to spend another three years in education? It's a long time." But it really isn't. And although nearly everyone says this, university has without a doubt been the best three years of my life, so far. I've not only enjoyed the social aspect of university, I've actually really enjoyed my course (journalism, in case you didn't know).

As well as the obvious (learning how to "cook," fend for myself and meeting some incredible friends), so much has happened:
I went to the hairdressers for the first time, I met the Spice Girls, I got glasses, I became a deputy editor, I ombred my hair, I danced with Britney Spears, I had my hair cut short, I got a DSLR and learnt how to use it properly, I had my first drop of alcohol, I got braces, I did real work experience, I started working at Boots, I started working on the photo counter at Boots, I saw my sister graduate, I got published many times, I tried chilli con carne for the first time, I learnt about the wonders of iPhones, I started liking cheese, I've taught primary school children about journalism, I tried my first Nandos, I've learnt many different skills (almost enough to class myself as a real journalist), I went on the pill for the first time, I went into Space NK for the first time, I had my first skin peel, I've produced many magazines, I travelled and stayed in London alone, I went to my first nightclub, I went on my first real date, I got a spray tan, I learnt about heartbreak, I drove on the motorway, I started taking blogging seriously, I went house hunting for the first time... and these are just to name a few.

I've grown up an awful lot during my time at university. I'm no longer a young, naive girl (I may still be a little bit naive) and I'm now pretty strong and well, an adult. I don't want this post to go on and on, I just wanted a place to showcase my current thoughts and some of my favourite photos from over the years, so that in years to come, I can look back and remember how much of a truly special time university has been. And now I'm going to go because I'm all emotional.

Will you be finishing university soon? Or starting university in September?