Thursday 15 May 2014

Hair consultation and style by Aveda in Debenhams, Meadowhall






Yesterday I took a little visit to Meadowhall to sample Aveda's hair consultation and hair style service that they offer in Debenhams. Seeing as I'm now a Meadowhall ambassador, I thought it was about time I drove on the motorway considering I'm going to visiting the centre often. Although I've been driving nearly four years, I've never properly driven on the motorway, so needless to say it was pretty scary. Well, the lorries were anyway (anyone else think they should have their own lane?!) 

I arrived at Aveda and was greeted by a lovely lady and offered a cup of their Tea Ritual. I've only ever had "normal tea" but this caffeine-free herbal blend was surprisingly beautiful. A little tart at first, but soon it was soothing and relaxing. Following this was the hair consultation where I found out that I have fine/flat hair that's dry at the ends but in good condition. The products in the first image are the ones that were recommended to me and I got to have a little play with them - let me tell you this, they smell incredible.

I was then treated to Aveda's Stress-Relieving Hand Ritual which is a mini hand massage. I'd never had a massage before so this really was a lovely surprise. Using the Stress Fix Body Creme (which I can still smell on me now!), I was massaged and left feeling relaxed and uplifted.

After this, I had a mini blow dry and the Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair, Pure Abundance Style Prep and Phomollient Styling Foam were all applied to my hair beforehand. My hair was left feeling soft and bouncy and the style was held all day. I then had my hair curled which is something that I haven't done since cutting it short. I was incredibly impressed with how it looked and how well the style held throughout the day (and night, when I went out with friends). 

The visit was lovely and I felt all nice and pampered when I left. What surprised me the most was how friendly and kind the sales assistants were. We've all had bad experiences with them, but I was never once pressured into buying anything, and then certainly knew their stuff and what they were talking about. The lady who styled my hair also used to be a hairdresser so you know you're getting a good experience.

I was sent away with beautiful, bouncy hair and a bag filled with goodies, which you can see in the second image above. If you're interested in getting pampered by Aveda in Debenhams, then make sure you book to attend Meadowhall's Ladies' Night on the 29th May. Myself and lots of other bloggers will be there and there will be lots of competitions, discounts and pampering freebies. If this isn't enough, TOWIE's Ferne McCann will be there showcasing her new clothing range and meeting people (I'm incredibly excited for this)!

Will you be attending Ladies' Night?
*the consultation, style and goody bag were provided free of charge for reviewing purposes
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________