Friday 28 January 2011

Mini Tesco Haul

I popped into Tesco earlier and of course I had a little look at the beauty aisle. Foundation is definitely my muse and seeing that Tesco had 1/3 (I do believe) off of their make up products caused me to purchase an 'impulse buy.' And then further down my sister noticed a new lip balm. After seeing a few reviews on this product around the blogosphere (and having a lip balm obsession) I soon snapped up two - one for me and one for my sister.

L-R Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation in 100 Ivory, Nivea Pure & Natural Milk and Honey Lip Balm

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation
I've only just brought this today and as soon as I got home, I immediately applied it. Being a big fan of Rimmel's Stay Matte powder I had high expectations for this! And it's certainly lived up to them. This foundation is medium coverage that can be easily built up. It doesn't look cakey, it gives a completely matte look and it keeps shine at bay. So far I've had this foundation on 4 hours and my skin is still shine free and it looks as good as it did when I first applied it. A definite winner for me so far.

Nivea Pure & Natural Milk and Honey Lip Balm
I have read nothing but good reviews about this lip balm so I was expecting a lot from it. It moisturises just as well as the original Nivea Lip Balm which is amazing. However, I was expecting more taste from it and to be honest, it barely tastes of anything which is a disappointment for me. But seeing as it moisturises well, I'll definitely keep using it. I just hope it grows on me a bit...

xxx