Saturday 25 August 2012

HAUL: 17 Make Up Products, Swatches & a Make Up Look

On Saturday I had a lovely day off and decided to do a little bit of shopping. I knew I wanted some new drugstore make up products but I wasn't quite sure what. So I popped into my local Boots and had a look round. As always, the 17 counter caught my eye - mainly because I had a voucher for 100 extra points when you buy a 17 product and also because there was a freebie if you spent £5.99 on their products.
I picked up the 17 Miracle Matte Pressed Powder - £3.99. I already have the matte version in loose powder form and the normal version in pressed powder form and I love them so much. They're cheap but work really well and look more expensive than they are. I decided to get the pressed powder one because the loose powder can be a little bit messy, especially when travelling. Plus, I've bought a new bag (which I'll be doing a full post on soon) and I wanted to keep this in my bag at all times for touch ups throughout the day. The 17 Lasting Fix Nail Polishes - £2.99 also caught my eye as currently they're on offer for 2 for £4 which is so cheap. I find that the consistency of these polishes can sometimes be a bit of a hit or miss but I adore the colours. I bought Glisten which is a gorgeous shimmery gold/pink colour and Fairy Cake which is a beautiful baby, pastel pink. I haven't tried them out yet but I'm sure there'll be swatches soon. So onto the free gift... 
L-R 17 Cream Blush in Bronze, 17 Ultimate Volume Lipgloss in In The Nude, 17 Eyeshadow in Statuesque.
The free gift did catch my eye but I didn't think it was going to be anything special. It's called 'get bronzed, it's glow time' and seeing as it's summer, it focuses on nude/bronzey colours. It's unreal how much I've fell in love with this. The cream blush is limited edition but I love it! At first, I didn't get on with it but a few YouTube videos later and I'm now finding myself wearing it daily. It's cream on the cheeks as it adds extra coverage so it doesn't highlight my scarring and the colour is beautiful and natural. The lipgloss and eyeshadow are truly amazing. The lipgloss is now housed in my bag and I use it throughout the day as it's the most beautiful nude colour that works wonderfully with my skin tone. And as for the eyeshadow - wow. I need to do an EOTD with this beauty. It really wakens the eye area up and it's so easy to blend and work with. I think both the lipgloss and eyeshadow are part of the permanent lines so if you're into your nudes, go and pick them up!
It's no secret that I love 17 as a brand. I think they're very fashion forward and some of their products are such great quality and absolute gems for an amazing price.
Have you tried this kit? What do you think of 17 products?
xxx