Tuesday 23 October 2012

HOW TO: Get glowing skin when you have combination/oily skin

I have combination skin. This means that my skin is pretty normal on my cheeks but on my t-zone (forehead, nose and chin) my skin can sometimes end up looking like an oil slick. For someone who loves glowing skin, this isn't good news for me at all. But I've found a product that allows me to create glowing skin without me looking like I've dunked my face into a chip pan.
This product is the No7 Stay Perfect Shine Free Primer (they've since changed their packaging). This product isn't exactly the nicest primer to work with and it doesn't go on or glide over the skin as smoothly as Benefit's Porefessional does but it does do the job of ensuring that your skin is kept matte throughout the day. That's all well and good but as I mentioned earlier, I love glowing skin. So why would I use a matte product when I want that beautiful glowy look that JLO is blessed with? Well basically, if you matte your skin down completely, you're left with a blank canvas. 'Normal' skin. You can then go on to use glowy products such as the YSL Touche Eclat foundation or pretty MAC Mineralize Skin Finishes and you can cleverly create beautiful, glowing skin. This primer can be quite drying so I wouldn't recommend it at all for people with dry skin (of course, why would people with dry skin want to make their skin even more matte?! - but I thought I'd add it just in case). But if you are someone who suffers with combination/oily skin I'd definitely recommend this product. You only need a tiny amount and you can then go on to apply your glowing make up. Or you can even leave your skin matte. It's entirely up to you!
How do you create glowing skin? What are your favourite glowy products?
xxx