Monday 15 October 2012

REVIEW: YourColour

A few weeks ago I was contacted by the guys at a brand new revolutionary way to colour your hair at home called YourColour. They wanted to know if it was something that I'd like to try out and since I don't colour my hair often (in fact, I probably haven't done it since I was 15) I said yes. My hair is quite a light brown colour naturally but since I'm very pale, I've always wanted to go one or two shades lighter. Basically, YourColour starts with a free one-to-one video call consultation on Skype or Face Time with a leading London Colourist who provides you with professional help and advice on choosing your perfect permanent, semi permanent, high lift tint or toner colour wherever you are in the UK. After this, Bar Hairdressing Salon in London's top Colourists then hand mix your colour and dispatch it to you along with gloves and a mixing bowl. And this package has been specially designed to fit through your letterbox so it means you won't have to pick it up from the post box.
 I found the Skype consultation very useful. I did think it was going to be quite awkward as I'm an awkward person but the lady I had my consultation with was lovely and you could tell she was experienced and knew what she was talking about. She asked me if there was any particular colour/look that I was looking for and then advised me from then on. After we'd agreed on a colour together, she told me how to use the product and said if I needed any further help then I could always get into contact with them or check out their online videos.
A few days later my kit arrived and I was excited to try it out! I did the patch test and finally got down to colouring my hair. The solution was easy to mix and very easy to apply. I used the brush to apply the colour to my roots and then massaged the rest of the colour into my hair like I would do a shampoo. Unfortunately for me, I had a little reaction to the hair colour so I couldn't leave it on for the full 30 minutes as my head started to sting. Like I said, I did do the patch test but I did this on the back of my neck and maybe my skin is more sensitive on my scalp. So if you do get this hair colour, make sure you do the patch test on your scalp and not your neck like me! Don't let that put you off though as not everyone will react to the colour.
After seeing my results I was gutted that I wasn't able to leave the colour on for the full amount of time as I loved the look. My hair was one or two shades lighter and it really lifted my hair. Because it wasn't on for the full time you can see that it just gently highlighter my hair which I really loved. It just made my hair look more vibrant and awake. I also loved how soft it left my hair feeling and even now, that softness remains. I should probably add that I used permanent hair dye which is great because I get to keep this colour for a while! I think that this is such a good idea and it saves salon time and also money. The hair colour itself is £16.20 and the postage is £2.60 so altogether this costs just £18.80 which is a fraction of the cost of a salon. Even though I had a reaction I wouldn't rule out this service. I think it's wonderful and although I didn't get the full experience, I definitely loved it.
You can find out more information here! Is this something you're interested in?
xxx