Wednesday 31 October 2012

Xen-Tan Signature Spray Tan Review

This time last week I headed down to my local Saks Hair & Beauty salon for an Xen-Tan spray tan! I love fake tan and I find myself applying it at least once a week but it's no secret that I'm not very good at doing so. I have tried a lot of fake tans and my current favourite is the Lauren's Way Glam Tan which I reviewed here but I was so excited to get a spray tan as it's something that I've always wanted. The Xen-Tan Signature Spray Tan* gives you a natural olive glow in minutes. The formula is moisture rich which means that even the fairest of skins can enjoy a natural-looking tan! The tan claims to give you that perfect airbrushed finish that lasts up to 10 days, fades evenly and smells delicious.
The people at the Saks Hair & Beauty salon were absolutely lovely and made me feel very comfortable. I was a bit scared about baring all to someone that I didn't know but the process was very easy and the lady was so nice! She explained everything to me in detail and asked if I had any questions. She also asked if I wanted to go for a small glow, a medium tan or a deep tan and because I'm very pale, I said just a medium tan would do. The whole process took about 15 minutes with the fake tan application taking about 5 minutes. The lady applied moisturiser to my feet, knees and elbows and we were on our way! The spray tan is pretty cold but I'd say it's more refreshing than nasty. Afterwards, I was left to walk around the room for a bit letting my tan dry and getting ready and when I caught sight of myself in the mirror I was so shocked by the colour I'd go and I immediately fell in love with my fake tan.  
I'm not used to being this tanned at all but I absolutely love it! And I know that I'm now addicted to spray tans. A week on my colour is fading evenly and there's still a bit left on - I can still see my tans line! I haven't topped my tan up because I wanted to see how it'd end up and so far I'm impressed. But I do want to keep my colour so today I will be fake tanning again. The one thing I love the most about this spray tan is not how quick it is, not how evenly it fades, not how it doesn't go streaky but I love the effect it gives. It literally airbrushes your skin and any imperfections that you were worried about before are gone. I do have scarring on my skin but since having my spray tan I've found that I've needed a lot less foundation and concealer than usual as the spray tan literally concealed everything anyway!
(My face is paler than my body in this picture because I exfoliate my skin a lot more than I do my body)
This spray tan is normally £25 but Saks have a special offer on at the minute where every Friday you can get a voucher that gets you this spray tan for just £15! For your voucher, click here. I can see myself treating myself to a fake tan every month from now on. I absolutely love them!
Have you ever had a spray tan before?
xxx
*This was a complimentary spray tan