Thursday 1 November 2012

REVIEW: No7 Trio Concealer & No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in Starshell

I bought these products a while ago when I had my No7 vouchers but I've only just gotten round to writing about them. No7 was (and still is) on 3 for 2 and you could use your vouchers with the 3 for 2 offer. So really, I couldn't say no. I also ended up getting their Quick Thinking Wipes but I wanted to keep this post make up based.
I thought I'd go ahead and try a few products from the newly overhauled brand that I haven't tried before. I was in need of an undereye concealer and when I saw the pink toned concealer in the No7 Trio Concealer palette, I quickly picked it up. It reminded me of Benefit's Eye Bright. I also picked up a lipstick as I believe you can never have enough. I wanted an every day nude/coral colour so after swatching a few I walked away with one of their Moisture Drench lipsticks in Starshell. 
L-R Moisture Drench Lipstick in Starshell, yellow toned, pink toned and nude toned concealer.
The lipstick is really beautiful. It's a great every day colour and I've been wearing it to every lecture. I love the formula and it ensures that lips are kept hydrated throughout the day. Unfortunately because it is a moisturising lipstick you do need to keep reapplying it throughout the day. But for an hour lecture, it's perfect. The concealer on the other hand is something that I'm in two minds about. I think the pink toned concealer is perfect for brightening underneath the eyes and I've been using it every day since I got it. But the yellow toned concealer doesn't do that much of a great job at covering up redness. In fact, I don't think it provides any coverage at all. It's also very powdery in formula and clings to any dry patches you may have - which considering most people get redness and dryness around their nose, this isn't a good combination. As for the nude toned concealer... it's not nude at all. It's way too dark for me, even when I have a tan and I think No7 should bring out different variants of light/medium/dark in this palette. So I'm unsure. Is the pink toned concealer worth spending £9.50 on? Is it worth it even if you have a £3/£5 off voucher? I'm unsure. I'll have to see how I cope without it when it runs out.
Have you tried any of these products before?
xxx