Tuesday 13 November 2012

REVIEW: Nail Rock Nail Wraps

I've tried out nail wraps in the past and while I loved the designs, I didn't particularly get on with them very well. I'm not the best when it comes to nail art - I'm just getting to grips with actually painting nail polish onto my nails! Nail Rock are the first brand that I ever came across when it comes to nail wraps. I can remember seeing them in Boots and falling in love with the pretty designs and thinking, "maybe for once I'll be able to have decent nails." So when I was given the chance to try these out, I literally just couldn't say no.

These nail wraps come with everything that you need to apply them; the nail wraps themselves, a nail file and buffer, acetone wipes and a cuticle pusher. I was glad when I saw the wipes in this kit because like I said, I've used nail wraps in the past and they didn't stick very well and I'm guessing it's because there was nasty residue left on my nails from nail polish remover or something like that. 

As you see from the image above, I applied them pretty badly. For me, I can't come to grips with the whole filing off the end. I do struggle with that bit and it shows in the above picture. The thumb does look pretty good though. But despite my shoddy attempt, I found these nail wraps to stick well and last well. I have since tried them and I keep trying them and I am getting better. Maybe just maybe, in a few years time I'll be a pro at nail wraps. I hope I am because they're just so much easier to use and look after than nail polish. These were also very easy to remove and they didn't damage my nails at all. You can buy Nail Rock nail wraps here where there are lots of different and pretty designs and styles! The ones featured in this post were the Nail Rock White Dots on Black Nail Wraps which retail for £6.65.
Have you tried nail wraps before? Do you have any tips?
xxx