Saturday 10 November 2012

Where would I be if you didn't believe?

A few nights ago I was bored. And I thought to myself, "what can I do to entertain myself?" And out of the corner of my eye I spotted my make up drawers screaming "open me, use me." I think they've been feeling a bit neglected recently as I haven't really been experimenting a lot with make up due to lack of time (pesky assignments)! So I decided to experiment with a look that I've never tried or attempted before...
I used the lilac on the lid and the dark purple in the crease from the No7 Eyeshadow Trio in Forest Fruits to create a nice glittery effect. I then went over the dark purple in the crease with Urban Decay's Blackout to make it more intense and the colour I wanted. But I still wanted the glitter to be seen so I went over Blackout a little bit more with the dark purple in Forest Fruits to further highlight this. Eyeliner wise, I used my trusty Collection 2000's Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner in Black and for mascara I used lots of them mixed together to create thick and full lashes. 
I must apologise for the blurring out of my eyebrows in these pictures. They really needed doing but I didn't think I was going to like the look enough to feature it on my blog so I didn't bother - oops! Also, sorry about the dodgy false eyelash application in the last picture. I'm not great with false eyelashes and I kinda rushed the application. But the picture showed off the make up so well that I just had to use it. I wasn't expecting to like this look. But I've actually fallen in love with it. I don't know if it's something that I'll be able to recreate but I will sure as hell try too! I was a little sad when i had to wash it away as I wanted to keep it on my eyes forever. It's very intense so it'll need to be paired with flawless skin and neutral lips but for a night out, I think this is perfect!
What do you think?
xxx