Friday 2 November 2012

Halloween 2012

Hello!
I hope you all had a lovely Halloween the other night? Halloween isn't something that's really celebrated over in the UK - it's definitely not one of the most important holidays but I love it. Now, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love going out and getting dressed up, putting my make up on etc. But there's nothing like getting ready and having to make yourself look quite frankly, ugly. For example, last night it was raining and by the time we got to the nightclub, we were soaked. But we didn't care because we weren't supposed to look nice. But if this would've been any normal night, I know it'd have ruined our night.
I decided to go out as "dead Jemma." AKA a zombie. I don't have a lot (if any) of fancy dress clothes so I decided to use some of my old clothes and cut them up and add blood (or one of my friends added blood as I'm not that creative). Me, my sister and our friend started getting ready at 6pm. Really early but we were so excited. After I got over the fact that I wasn't supposed to look perfect and that face paint isn't make up, I really got into it. It was great to add lots of contour and make it look unnatural instead of natural. I also loved backcombing the hell out of my hair! And although I think my hair is feeling the damage today, it really did complete my costume.
What did you do for Halloween?
xxx