Wednesday 30 January 2013

FAVOURITE: Perfumes

One thing that I've been loving a lot recently is perfume and fragrance. It's not something that I've always been that interested in. I have a few perfumes and I wear them everyday but I find myself constantly on the lookout for new smells that I can fall in love with. This past month, I've fell in love with a new fragrance and rediscovered an old favourite of mine thanks to Christmas and my birthday...
First of all is Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck perfume. I've loved this perfume for a long time now, since its release, but I'd never actually owned it. For my birthday however, my sister bought it for me as quite frankly, it's all I go on about. This perfume is so beautiful. It is described as being a "charming and sparkling surprise of vibrant fruits, kissed by a bouquet of soft petals and a touch of sweet indulgence." The notes of the fragrance include freesia, apple blossom, raspberry, vanilla, honeysuckle, white hibiscus, golden amber, sandalwood and peach. The price of the perfume starts at just £20 for a 30ml bottle and you find buy it/find out more information about it here. Boots also currently have the Christmas giftset on offer for just £10 and this includes the 30ml bottle, a smaller 5ml bottle and a body lotion which is an absolute bargain. They don't have any instock online but I found one in my local Boots store the other day so it's worth keeping an eye out for them. Secondly, Britney Spears' Believe perfume. I've owned this perfume before, a long time ago, possibly when it first was released and it's always been my favourite Britney Spears scent. It's like nothing I've ever smelt before and I've truly missed owning a bottle that contains the scent inside (as a Britney fan I keep the bottles even when they're finished). Luckily for me, my dad bought it me for Christmas and I literally can't stop spraying/smelling it. This scent is described as being a "sparkling blend of exotic fruits, soft florals and seductive amber." The notes include guava pulp, golden tangerine, honeysuckle, linden blossom, patchouli, sensual amber and pink pralines. It's a really warm, grown up smell but it still has that classic Britney Spears smell behind it. Unfortunately, this fragrance seems to get left behind in a world that adores Fantasy and Curious, possibly because it was released in 2007 which of course, was a time when she was receiving a lot of negative publicity. But if you do ever spot this fragrance, smell it. You won't be disappointed. The price of this fragrance starts as just £19.55 for a 30ml bottle and you find out more information/buy it here.
Also on a side note, I received a limited edition Britney perfume for Christmas off of my mum (I now only need one more limited edition Britney perfume for my collection to be complete) so I will be updating my Britney Spears perfume collection soon. So if you're interested in her perfumes, keep an eye out for that!
Another thing to note about these perfumes is that they're both EDP which means that they're more concentrated than EDT perfumes so you don't need a lot of the fragrance itself. This means that they're great value for money and they last a long time on the skin so you don't need to keep topping them up throughout the day. 
What are your favourite perfumes?
xxx