Tuesday 15 January 2013

Hair Removal with Sk:n Clinic

One of my new years resolutions was to write more "debate-type" posts instead of just full on reviews. And I guess that you could say this is my first. So here I go and I hope that you enjoy it!
You know one thing that I hate? Hair removal. I have to shave my legs every single day as the hairs on my legs seem to grow back ridiculously fast. I've tried waxing my legs but I don't find the at-home kits very good and salons just end up becoming expensive as they're hard to keep up with. Hair removal creams for me sting my skin and they absolutely stink! They're a big no-no for me and even though they seem very harmless, I've bled so many times from using them. I do have an epilator but it's currently sat in my electronics drawer waiting to be used as I'm petrified of the noise it makes - it looks like a torture device! One option that I haven't tried but is one that I'd definitely consider looking into is laser hair removal. This method is safe, pretty much painless and it works by transmitting a laser beam onto the base of the hair follicle which therefore ends up halting hair growth. Laser hair removal can be used on any part of the body; legs, face, underarms, bikini area... even your toes! The great thing about laser hair removal is that although it is expensive, it's permanent. So once you've had it done, there's a high chance that the hair will never grow back again. I literally cannot imagine how perfect and convenient it would be to never have to shave again! There are so many times where my friends have text me saying "we're going out tonight" and I've had a couple of hours to get ready. A couple of hours for me is definitely not long enough. So I hop into the shower and I have to think about what part of my “routine” I’m going to skip. 9 times out of 10, I skip shaving my legs and throw on some tights. It doesn’t exactly make me feel good doing that and I’d much rather not have to worry about doing it ever again. I spoke to one of my friends earlier and she said that she epilates her legs because the result lasts a lot longer but yes, it’s painful. And she’d love something pain-free. Laser hair removal actually sounds perfect and when I have my own full time job, I can definitely seeing myself investing it. It’s very useful and to be quite honest, I think it’s a necessity! You can find out more about laser hair removal here and look at the prices here. The Sk:n Clinic for me is one that although I've never been, I would recommend. The reviews are wonderful and there are clinics all over the UK. It's actually a clinic that I receive newsletters from as I'm always looking into their skin treatments!
What are your opinions on hair removal? Do you use hair removal creams? Epilators? Shavers? Waxing?
xxx
This post was written in conjunction with Sk:n Clinic.