Thursday 31 January 2013

Make up and outfit of the night

Since getting a better camera, I've been taking pictures of my eye make up a lot more. This is the make up that I wore out last night and for the first time in a long time, I resorted to using my Urban Decay Naked palette. Since the release of the Naked 2 and the Naked Basics palette, this one has taken a back seat. Probably because I don't like the packaging as much as the others and also because the colours are a lot more warm toned than the Naked 2. However, I do love this palette and I feel bad for neglecting it so I thought I'd do a warm toned, shimmery smoky eye and this is how it turned out...
First of all, I know my eye liner flicks aren't perfect (especially on my left eye) but I am getting better and I keep on trying to perfect them. Maybe one day, I'll get there! I started off my using Sidecar all over the lid. This is a colour that I used to use in my crease but I did want a deep smoky eye so I thought it'd be good using it over my lid. I then used a little bit of Smog in the crease to create a more defined shape. To darken and smoke this out, I used Hustle on the outer corner and winged this out. I used Sin to highlight the inner corners of my eyes and also my brow bone. I then used Sin, Sidecar and Hustle underneath my eye to create a gradual effect. The eyeliner I used was the Collection 2000 Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner and I set this and darkened the liner with the eyeshadow Creep which is also from the Naked palette. The mascara I used was my favourite Lancome Hypnose Drama. I also used Lancome's Le Crayon Khol Noir on my waterline which is wonderful as it lasts all night long.
What do you think about this eye look? I ended up really liking it as it defined the eyes well whilst also creating a bit of drama. More recently, I've stopped wearing intense smoky eyes but I'm definitely going to start doing so more often as I had a lot of fun creating it.
You can buy the Naked Palette for £36 here.

I also brought out my favourite ever lipstick which is MAC's Lazy Day. I don't use this very often as it was a limited edition item from the To The Beach collection but it's the most perfect nude pink shade ever and I'm really glad I wore it. I didn't take it out with me for touch ups though as I'd be too scared to lose it haha! You can see a swatch of the lipstick here. The outfit picture isn't very good as I had to create a collage on Paint instead of my usual PicMonkey as it just wasn't going well at all. But my blouse was from Primark (in the sale, £2, absolute bargain). It is one or two sizes too big for me and because of that, I paired it with my rip off Disco Pants from eBay. I've been searching all day to try and find a link to them but I just can't so I'm guessing they have stopped selling them. I was a bit apprehensive to wear this but I did actually feel pretty comfortable in them in the end. The shoes aren't what I wore out in the end as they are ridiculously high but the shoes in the picture are from Steve Madden and I will be doing a blog post on them soon!
I didn't get many pictures throughout the night as I think we were all too busy having a good time. But it was a really lovely night out and the picture above is of me and a few friends (and the rest of the football team) off of Facebook so sorry about the LQ image.
What do you think about this look? Do you like wearing heavy eye make up on night's out?
xxx