Tuesday 7 May 2013

LIFESTYLE: A trip to the seaside




Toilet break | We won a - fake - phone | The Clock Tower | Chips and peas | The beach | One Direction 2p machine goodies | My orange ball of fluff | Peanut Butter ice cream with nuts | Pictures of me and my sister when we were younger | The sunset
When I discovered that we were going to have a really hot bank holiday, I knew I couldn't sit at home revising all day. So I asked my sister and her friend if she'd like to go to Skegness with me. When she said yes, we took to our mother and asked her if she'd be able to give us a little bit of money as we needed a nice relaxing day after our assignment hand ins and before our exams. She of course, said yes. So yesterday, we went on our mini roadtrip. Now, Skegness is around 50 minutes from Lincoln. But because it was a bank holiday AND an incredibly hot day, it took us four hours to get there and three and a half hours to get back which was just ridiculous. The traffic was crazy and at first we thought there had been a few accidents but there hadn't been. It was just that busy. When we got there, we went straight to the chippy to stock up on food. Back home in Mansfield, there are a lot of chip shops but Lincoln is bombarded with takeaways and it's hard to find proper chip shop chips. So by the time we reached Skegness, we were craving some. And the beautiful smell surrounding the place didn't help either. After this, we went on the beach for a little while and then into the slots. My sisters friend is a little genius with those 2p machines and I managed to come back with a lot of One Direction merchandise while my sister had a few Angry Birds items. My sister is also a little genius on the "prize every time" grabbers - they're hard, you know - so she won me an orange ball of fluff. We then decided to get some ice cream to walk back to the car with as we thought we'd picked a decent time to drive back home. We were expecting it to take us longer than one hour but we didn't expect 30 minutes short of our arrival time. Overall, we had a wonderful day and the journey was just as good as being in Skegness. It was incredibly hot and I hope that the weather stays this beautiful. My sister also managed to badly sunburn one arm - that's what happens when you're driving for four hours facing the sun! What did you do for the bank holiday? I hope you enjoyed the sun!
 xxx
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________