Friday 17 May 2013

HAUL: No7 Beautiful Skin



Oh it's that time of year again, those pesky No7 vouchers found their way into purse and I of course, couldn't resist spending them at work on Sunday. You see, these vouchers and my staff discount mean that I get No7 products for a fraction of the price a few times a year and seeing as I love No7 skincare, I always invest in a few bits and pieces. Their Protect & Perfect creams are permanently in my collection but I love trying out new products so this time, I picked up a couple of items I hadn't tried before.

I fell in love with the Melting Gel Cleanser when I tried it out a few months ago but no matter how much I loved it, I'd always had my eye on this baby. You see, I'd never tried a cleansing balm before and although I have combination skin, I can't resist cream/oil based cleansers. I think they work exceptionally well at removing make up and deeply cleansing the skin plus I tend to despise foaming cleansers that are aimed at combination and oily skin. Seriously, they do nothing when it comes to removing make up. Anyway, this one hasn't disappointed me so far. I'd compare it to the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. It has that consistency and sweeps away make up and dirt in one step. It also adds moisture to the skin and leaves it feeling incredibly soft. So far it hasn't broke me out and although it's aimed at people with dry/very dry skin, I see no problem in using it on my combination skin.

I've been in need of a new exfoliator for a while now and a few years ago - I'm talking like five years ago, back when I was 15, eek - I tried the No7 exfoliator that was out at the time. I fell in love with it but because I got into blogging, I stopped using it as I discovered many more scrubs. This is a newish addition to the No7 range, it's been there since their skincare line was rebranded and I'd always ignored it until the weekend. The grains in this exfoliator are a lot stronger than I thought they would've been so if you do buy it, then I'd recommend using it once a week. It's pretty abrasive but it gets the job done and it helps to refine my pores and remove blackheads. I wouldn't say that my skin looks clearer or brighter after I've used it but it does feel soft and make up applies more smoothly after I've used it. For the price - with the voucher - it isn't bad.

What are your favourite No7 skincare products? Have you spent your No7 vouchers yet? If so, what on? If you haven't spent them yet then just to let you know that they do expire on Sunday so if you're after a few things, go before then!
 xxx
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________