Friday 19 August 2011

What Do I Use On My Eyebrows?

I never really used to be interested in my eyebrows. I used to get them waxed and leave them how they were. However, after watching many people on YouTube and seeing the difference that filling in your eyebrows makes, I started doing it. And these are the products that I use:
L-R HD Brows Palette in Foxy, Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 004 Black Brown
The first product that I bought for my eyebrows was the Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil. I do like this, it's okay. I don't think it's anything special though. The brush that comes on the end is a bit too taut and I don't think it brushes through my eyebrows very well. And the formula of the pencil isn't too good either. It's okay, it does the job. But it's not my favourite. However, it is very good for travelling as it's small and you don't have to take a separate brush with you.

Now, the HD Brow Palette is my baby! I absolutely love it! As you can see from the photo, one of the colours is a little bit worn - it's not because I've used it that much it's just because unfortunately it got smashed in the post. But hey ho! Now, I have this in the colour Foxy which is for brunettes. It includes a nude, carbon eyeshadow and two medium brown tone powders. This palette can also be used as an eyeshadow palette to create both a warm, natural daytime look or a night time look - it's very versatile. The shades are obviously matte and they are of a medium pigmentation. Which for eyebrows, is perfect. They're not too soft or too hard.. they're just the perfect formulation for eyebrow use. As eyeshadows they do take a little bit more work. But look fabulous! Also, these palettes have been reformulated and the powders now are anti-smudge and they last all day. I can do my eyebrows in the morning and they'll see me through to nighttime. I also use the brushes that are included - they're really soft and great for combing through my eyebrows and picking up the powders. This palette also comes in two other colours so there's one to suit your hair colour:
Bombshell: For blondes…a nude, a carbon shadow, and two blonde tone powders. When used as an eye shadow palette, this will create a cool natural daytime look and a soft evening look.
Foxy: (the colour that my palette is in) For brunettes…a nude, a carbon shadow, and two medium brown tone powders. Use this as an eye shadow palette to create a warm natural daytime look or a smouldering night time look.
Vamp: For dark hair…a nude, a carbon shadow, and two dark brown tone powders. Used as an eye shadow palette, this will create a dramatic smoky look 
The top four colours are from the HD Brow Palette and the swatch at the bottom is the Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil.

The HD Brow Palette is available to buy here and it will cost you £19.95 however this compact will be in GlossyBox's 13th-19th September box!

What products do you use on your brows?
xxx
xxx