Saturday 13 August 2011

I LOVE READING

I love reading. There's nothing better than picking up a novel and escaping into a fantasy world. I also love blog posts where bloggers show off their favourite books and ask for recommendations so here's mine!
Stephenie Meyer
 L-R Twilight, New Moon, The Host, Eclipse, The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner, Breaking Dawn.
I absolutely love her as an author and these books are wonderful. Once I had finished the Twilight Saga (in just one week!) I literally did not know what to do with my life. The way she writes makes it feel like you're involved with the book and the characters are very relatable and seem real. The Host I picked up because Meyer wrote it and at first, I couldn't get into it - it starts off slow and if you buy this, I recommend sticking to it because it's a wonderfully gripping book; I love it! Also, if you've seen the Twilight films do not let them put you off the books. For me, I don't like the films. I think they're badly directed and I'm not a fan of the awkward actors. However the books are 1000000x better.
Classics
L-R Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin. 
For my literature A-Level I had to study a lot of books and most of them, I didn't enjoy at all. However these are the ones that I can read and read over again. I do find the classic books to be pretty long and boring at times (I'm looking at you Frankenstein) yet these ones are fast paced and catch my attention each and every time. I know that Romeo and Juliet is a play but I can read plays and still find them to be as interesting as novels.
Biographies
L-R Britney Spears Heart to Heart, Britney Spears Inside The Dream, Lynne Spears Through The Storm, Britney: Unauthorised Biography, Miley Cyrus Miles To Go.
Obviously when reading biographies you have to be interested in the celebrity/person that the book is about yet even if you're not a fan of Britney I'd highly recommend the Inside The Dream biography. Britney's life is so interesting and people are quick to judge her without knowing the truth. Both the Inside the Dream biography and her mothers Through The Storm are written so well and explain a lot about her life. I'd recommend them both highly!
 Sophie Kinsella
L-R Shopaholic Abroad, The Undomestic Goddess, Confessions of a Shopaholic, Remember Me?, Can You Keep A Secret?, Twenties Girl.
Quite possibly my favourite author! Her books are lighthearted, humorous and deeply entertaining. If you haven't read any of them yet then I'd recommend picking up Remember Me? to start off with as it's definitely my favourite one so far! Really great holiday reads and perfect for females.
 Others
L-R The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks, My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult, Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane.
I would recommend every single book by all three of these authors - especially Nicholas Sparks!

What are your favourite books? Any recommendations?
xxx