Saturday 17 March 2012

Happy Birthday Mum!

Today is my mum's birthday and for her birthday all she wanted was a new make up kit. I, of course loved it when she told me this and rushed out to Boots to buy her some new make up. She isn't as obsessed with me and she's beautiful as it is so unlike me, she doesn't really need high end make up so I stuck to drugstore (and I'm skint too)! I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and show you what I bought her and also do a little 'how to apply guide' to help her out and she's not very experienced in make up.
Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam - My mum usually uses the Dream Satin Liquid Foundation but when I saw this one in Boots, I decided to pick it up instead. It looks asthough it's a lot easier to use and provides a lower coverage which is great considering my mum's skin is almost perfect. She just has a little bit of redness. Without using it (but through reading reviews) I'd say the best way to apply this is using your fingers first to blend. And then finishing it off with a foundation brush to create a flawless finish.
17 Hide & Chic Eye Brightening Concealer - I absolutely adore this concealer and I wrote about it here. My mum does have a problem with under eye circles and eye bags and I've used this on her once before and it covered them wonderfully. So I decided to pick it up!
17 Pressed Powder - My mum usually uses Rimmel's Stay Matte which is I love and it's my favourite. But I don't think she should be using matte powders as her skin is quite dry and I'd love to see her with a glow. So I went with this powder instead of the matte version. A light dusting of this will add a tiny bit more coverage and help to keep make up in place throughout the day.
No7 Lift &Curve Eyelash Curler - Once again, I love this and I wrote about it here. I did ask my mum if she'd like some eye lash curlers and she quickly replied 'no, I'm scared to use them.' But of course, I decided to buy her some anyway. They're really simple to use and will change the way your mascara is applied. A few 10 second squeezes before mascara will ensure that my mum's tiny lashes are looking beautifully fluttery!
17 Peepshow Mascara - I've read good things about this mascara and it's supposed to lengthen the lashes. My mum isn't one for big out-there lashes but she definitely needs some length adding to them. So I went with this one mainly because of that - and because of the gorgeously girly packaging.
Natural Collection Blush in Pink Cloud - This blush is well loved in the blogosphere as it's cheap and lovely. So I picked it up for my mum. It's not the most pigmented but that's good seeing as I don't really want her looking like a Barbie doll. 
17 Instant Glow Shimmer Brick in Gold Bronze - And finally, my mum loves her bronzer and once I saw this Shimmer Brick, I couldn't resist. It's so beautiful and will add a lovely glow onto her skin. The different colours can also be used indiviually as eye shadows so it's a win, win situation!

Once my mum has opened these products and I've been to see her, I should hopefully be getting some swatches up (and trying them out for myself if she'll let me) so I'll let you know how I get on with them!
xxx