Saturday 18 January 2014

What I got for my 21st birthday














In case you didn't know, last week I turned 21. I had planned to get this post up earlier than today but my life has literally been incredibly hectic recently. I'm currently on work experience during the day and then catching up on university work at night - it's crazy but I'm loving it. Anyway, as I didn't show you what I got for Christmas, I thought I'd show you what I got for my birthday. I absolutely loved everything and I'm so appreciative for the gifts.

Starting off with my sister who was a sneaky little mare and pretended to have work on the eve of my birthday tea and then showed up as she'd secretly booked it off. She got me a Kindle which I've fallen head over heels in love with. I take it everywhere with me: downstairs, to bed, to work, in the bath. I adore it and it's already filled with stacks and stacks of books that I can't wait to read. In fact, since receiving it, I've read four books. Four books in a week. Crazyness! I then received the TRESemme hairdryer from her which I was so thankful for. My last hairdryer was on its last legs and this one is incredible. It dries the hair ridiculously quickly and it came with lots of other wonderful bits and bobs too.

From two thirds my dad and stepmum and one third my grandparents, I got the Nikon AF-S 50mm f/1.8G lens which until the other day, I had no idea how to use it. But on work experience, the photographer gave me a masterclass and now, I can't stop snapping pictures of everything. The photos above weren't taken using this lens, however be prepared for some super cool photos very soon on this blog. It's wonderful and does exactly what I want it to in terms of photos for my blog. My dad and stepmum also took me out for a delicious meal at a fancy a la carte restaurant. The rest of my grandparents money went on Disco Pants (which I desperately needed), the D3100 book for Dummies, US InStyle magazine (as Britney is on the cover) and the pink blazer.

Off my mum and stepdad I got the beautiful rose gold Red Herring watch which hasn't left my wrist since, a badge, a wine glass, Lambrini (it's my favourite, don't judge), the Dorothy Perkins Dress and the clutch bag which I've fallen in love with. I'd been needing one for a while because I take the whole world out with me on nights out. This one is the perfect size and comes with two zips which for me is a necessity. The Lipsy bag was off my other grandparents which couldn't have come at a better time as I was desperate for a new bag. The 21st bear off my step grandparents, the gorgeous gold stud earrings from my other step grandparent and the champagne off my auntie. I also got a Kindle case off of my uncle however, it hadn't arrived when I took these pictures but it's just a gorgeous pink leather case. 

And I think that's everything but knowing me, I'll have missed something off of it. I love every single gift and seeing as my birthday is straight after Christmas, I couldn't believe how much I got. I know a lot of family will be reading this blog post so I'd just like to say a massive thank you for everything and I love you all.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________