Sunday 12 June 2011

Current Favourites

I've missed so many monthly favourites so I thought I'd catch up a bit and do a 'current favourites' post. These are the products that I've been loving for a while now!
Clockwise from top.
Soap & Glory Breakfast Scrub
I've always loved this scrub however I find myself using it a lot more nowadays. With the weather in English slowly getting better (minus today) I'm wearing less clothing which means my skin needs to be as soft as possible. This smells delicious and also does the job. It's a bit expensive for a drugstore scrub but it's completely worth it.
 Avene Extremely Rich Compensating Cream
My skin has been a nightmare recently and at one point, it was completely dry. My make up wouldn't apply nice and I generally did not want to leave the house. Then this moisturiser came to the rescue. I'd always had it in my collection but I'd never really used it. It's a lovely moisturiser that smells fresh, sinks into the skin quickly and provides a gorgeous, supple base for make up. 
  Accessories Blush in Pretty Pink
This is lovely blush that can be used gently as a highlighter or full on a blush. There isn't much more that I can except for that I'll let the swatch do the talking.
Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer
I've only just recently bought this after being a bit bored of my Collection 2000 concealer. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful full coverage concealer but I wanted to try something new. This appealed to me mainly because of the smell - it smells gorgeous and fruity! It's medium but buildable coverage and I find that with two coats, any blemishes are completely covered. It lasts throughout the day and it's also perfect for using underneath the eyes as it's anti fatigue.
Sigma Tapered Blending E40 Brush
I've always used a foundation brush to blend my concealer yet after 'discovering' Tanya Burr's tutorials I've been using this blending brush and it's amazing. It makes blending concealer so much easier, quicker and allows the concealer to look flawless.
Sleek Face Contour Kit Light
I bought this a while back but I didn't like it so I swapped it for something else. But I recently won it in Jess' giveaway and I haven't stopped using it since! I've been using it with a range of different brushes and I think that the brush you use makes a big difference to the product.
17 Photo Flawless Primer
The cheapest primer out there and I adore it. It fills in pores, makes make up last longer and provides a lovely, velvety base for make up. This is comparable to Gosh's Velvet Touch Primer yet it's just £4.99. A definite must have!
MAC Costa Chic
My current favourite lipstick! It's perfect dapped onto lips to create a stain or applied straight from the tube to create full on, powerful lips. You can view the swatch here and me wearing it here.
Trilogy Very Gentle Calming Fluid
As I mentioned earlier, my skin has been a nightmare recently and I've been finding it really hard to apply foundation without it sinking into my dry areas. This has been an absolute godsend. I pour my foundation out (Estee Lauder's Double Wear) and mix it in with this fluid and it waters down my foundation and makes the formula more like a tinted moisturiser - but with flawless, full coverage.
Lush Yummy Yummy Yummy Shower Cream
This has now been discontinued but before it was, I stocked up. I love the smell of this and I love the way that it lingers on your skin and in the bathroom after you've used it. It's also moisturising on the skin! The only problem is the consistency which is why it's been discontinued.
Britney Spears Radiance
As a big Britney fan I have all of her frangrances and this one is possibly my favourite. I'm no good at describing smells but it really is beautiful! I have 2 bottles of this perfume; one that I bought myself and another that I was sent by Britney's UK publicist for winning a competition - this is why I love the 100ml one more because it seems  much more special!
Amplex Natural Deodorant
I carry this with my everywhere because it's such a lovely deodorant. It's scentless, isn't sticky, doesn't leave marks and drys into the skin very quickly. Infact, I don't know why I carry it with me because I never need touch ups as it lasts all day.
Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
My skin staple. I just can't describe how flawless this cleanser is. You've probably heard about it a lot and it does not have one bad review written about it. It's completely changed my skin and I'm still in love with it - nearly a year on.

What products have you been loving recently? Have you tried any of my favourites?
xxx