Sunday 5 June 2011

SUMMER SERIES: Pt 4 - Moisturisers

Hello & welcome to part 4 of my summer series! I thought that I'd talk about my favourite body moisturisers for summer this week! I love moisturisers; there's nothing like having beautifully soft, gorgeous smelling skin.

I don't have dry skin on my body - I'd say it's pretty normal. However, when it comes to summer I love coconut, warm scents that remind me of being on holiday. And typically, these scents are for dry skin. So I look for moisturisers that sink into the skin quickly, leave the skin feeling soft and of course, smelling beautiful! 

Dirty Works Coconut Caress Body Butter
This is described as being 'the perfect cocktail' and I agree! I've reviewed a few Dirty Works products before and I must say, they're incredible. For a brand that you purchase from Sainsburys, I didn't have high expectations really but they surpass them. This body butter in particular has a beautiful, coconut scent that takes me right back to being on holiday. The light moisturiser quickly sinks into the skin and coats it in a lovely layer that ensures skin stays moisturised all day long. The packaging is also amazing and reminds me of Soap and Glory - it's very quirky and definitely fits in with the tub. The price is also very nice; a 300ml tub would cost you just £4.99. You can check out the full brand range here.

Boots Extracts Fairtrade Cocoa Butter Body Butter
I absolutely adore this! It's of a more thicker consistency than the Dirty Works one but it still sinks into the skin well. It has a more chocolatey smell than the Dirty Works one and it really makes me want to eat it up! But of course I can't. So instead I smother my body with this and it envelopes my skin with a gorgeous smell that lasts throughout the day. The skin is definitely left moisturised and like I said, it sinks in quickly and lasts a long time. I'd definitely recommend this for more drier skin types. You can find more information about this product here.

Ministry Of Waxing Ice Cream Cooling Lotion
Now this is a must have for summer! This lotion cools your skin after waxing and of course there's going to be a lot of waxing throughout the summer months as you want to ensure your skin is kept hair free. However if you don't wax, this product is wonderful for shaving or any type of hair removal. This lotion eases burning sensations and also keeps the skin hydrated so it stays soft and silky throughout summer. It is scentless but of course, on a product like this you don't really want a scent. It can also be used on sunburn, hair removal, insect bites, spots and eczema! So like I said, this is definitely a must have for summer. I keep it in my bag at all times. And a little tip for you all - pop it in the fridge for an extra cooling sensation! You can find out more about this product here

These are my favourite summer moisturising products.. But what are yours? I'd love to know so leave me a comment or tweet me @bamboozlebeauty!

Also, don't forget to join in the bbloggers chat tonight on Twitter at 8pm!
xxx