Wednesday 22 June 2011

FAVOURITES: Face Products

Hello girls! I hope you're all well..
I thought I'd do a post (and possibly a series) on my favourite products; the ones that I tend to reach for on a daily basis. And this time, I've decided to go for my favourite face products. This is mainly because face products are definitely my favourite products! So, I decided to choose my favourite over these catogories; foundation, primer, powder, highlighter, bronzer, concealer and blush. If I didn't, this post would be VERY long haha!

 Clockwise from top left - Estee Lauder Double Wear, 17 Photo Flawless Primer, Lily Lolo Translucent Powder in Silk (bottom compartment), Benefit High Beam, Sleek Face Contour Kit (Light), Benefit Boi-ing Concealer (01), Nars Blush (Deepthroat).

The Estee Lauder foundation really is perfection. It's full coverage, easy to blend (kinda) and it doesn't budge throughout the day. I always stray from this foundation but always come back to it in the end. The Boi-ing concealer is full, industrial strength and covers everything! It's hard to work with but I'd recommend warming it up beforehand - whilst applying my foundation, I put mine on top of a radiator! And the 17 primer is just amazing. It's cheap, evens the skin out, gives an amazing base for make up and also helps it last long.
 I'm sorry for the awfully blinding flash but without the flash, the bronzer was not true to colour. This is the Sleek contour kit and on the left is the bronzer and the right is the highlight. I do love the highlight but for this post, I'm just going to be talking about the bronzer. This contour is definitely the easiest to work with in my opinion. I have wrote two reviews on this (I think), one being bad and the other being good. This is because I'd tried it before but I ended up not liking it so I gave it away. But then I won another in a giveaway and by that time, I'd learnt a lot more about contouring. This product is so cheap and very easy to work with - I'd just recommend watching a few YouTube videos on how to contour beforehand if you're new to it!
Of course, the infamous Deepthroat! The softest, most beautiful blush in the world. It's so easy to blend, very pigmented and of course.. that colour! A gorgeous coral colour that can be toned down for day and worked up for night. A must-have in everyone's collection.
I received this in Glamour magazine and as soon as I've used this up, I'm buying the full sized. It's the most beautiful highlight in the world. A soft pearl pink colour that is easy to blend, easy to use and is very versatile. 
I do love this powder but because of the silk formula, I have to use a mattifying powder over the top of it on my t-zone. But that doesn't stop me from using it! It really makes your face look flawless and glowing but the best part is that it just sinks into the skin.. It's so finely milled that you cannot see it on your face!
L-R Lily Lolo Powder (not blended so you can see the shine it gives off), Sleek Contour Kit, Nars Deepthroat, Benefit High Beam.

What are your favourite face products?
xxx