Friday 12 April 2013

REVIEW: Britney Spears Island Fantasy


My Britney fragrance collection. Hover over the image to find out where to buy each fragrance.
 It's that time again; the time where I can talk about Britney Spears without my friends going, "Jemma, we know, please stop!" It's no secret that I'm a (the biggest) Britney fan. I have been 15 years and I don't plan on stopping in my lifetime. So when I found out that she was releasing a new fragrance, I got a little bit excited. This was released on April 1st and I was devastated that I couldn't buy it until my student loan went in on the April 5th - for an obsessed fan like me, that's a long time! Island Fantasy is her first EDT fragrance which to be honest, I was disheartened by this. Britney's perfumes are wonderful because they're EDP's which means that they're stronger and last a long time on the skin but hey-ho, can't do anything about it. The packaging is of course beautiful. It takes on the famous Fantasy bottle shape as it's from that line and it reminds me of being on holiday. Gold gemstones are placed on the green and blue ombre bottle which apparently symbolises a "warm sun rising over tranquil turqoise waters and lush green florals." - Oh don't you just want to be on holiday?! The fragrance itself is "a potion of succulent fruits and colorful blossoms, evoking warm sunshine, ocean breezes and glittering beaches. Followed by a mouthwatering mix of citrus cocktail, mandarin, clementine, watery melon and red fruits intertwines with refreshing floral notes of jasmine, freesia and violets. A surprising finish of soft musky undertones and sugar cane makes the tantalizing aroma carefree, flirty and feminine." This fragrance is clean, fruity and completely different to the rest of the Fantasy line. It's fresh, light and is the perfect summer scent. If you're a fragrance fan, a Britney fan or someone that's after an everyday, easy to wear scent, this is a must-have for your collection.
What's your favourite Britney fragrance? Have you tried this one before? You can buy Island Fantasy from Boots and it retails for £24 for 50ml.
xxx
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________