Tuesday 16 April 2013

VIDEO: Dove Real Beauty Sketches

I know on Twitter I said I wasn't going to blog today. But during a break from work I was on YouTube and I saw this video from MeganHeartsMakeUp and in her video she was talking about this video from Dove. It really hit a nerve and I ended up in tears. It's a beautiful video and I just wanted to quickly post it on my blog. As Megan says in her video, I can talk about make up all I want and I can recommend products to you but I truly believe that beauty is skin deep. Insecurity and confidence are big issues in the world we live in today and lack of confidence and insecurity are hard to deal with. We do see ourselves differently to how people see us. Body dysmorphic disorder is in us all. Not once in the advert did Dove mention their brand. Obviously it's a campaign, it's advertising it is there to sell products but I do think Dove care about body image and insecurity. And in a world were beauty is an industry, it's refreshing to see a brand who cares. So if you have a spare three minutes, I highly recommend watching Dove's new advert. It's simply beautiful.
xxx
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________