Friday 13 December 2013

LIFESTYLE | Things I love about Christmas

Photo credit: Ninacoco via Flickr
My cat absolutely loves Christmas... doesn't he look thrilled?!

I haven't mentioned Christmas much this year mainly because I'm in my final year at university and deadlines are looming. I've been incredibly stressed out and I thought it'd be nice to sit down, relax and talk a little bit about my favourite time of year. These are my top five things I'm looking forward to this Christmas.

  • Food. Who doesn't love food?! And Christmas food is the best. It's a well known fact that when Christmas arrives, calories don't count. They go out of the window and you're free to eat whatever you want for a few days. Also, my favourite meal is the carvery so a Christmas dinner is without a doubt something I'm ridiculously excited for. Turkey, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, brussell sprouts -  oh my mouth is watering already.
  • Music. As many of you probably already know, I'm a huge Britney Spears and Justin Bieber fan. And this is the only time of year where it's acceptable to listen to My Only Wish This Year and Under The Mistletoe.
  • Presents. I know many people say that Christmas isn't about the presents but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy them. Not only receiving them but giving them too. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing a loved ones face light up at a gift that you've bought them. I bought all of my Christmas presents back in October - I know, super prepared - and I received my main present (Nikon SLR, woooo) earlier this year too. But I'm still incredibly excited.
  • Family. I'm a big family person and being at university means that I don't get to spend as much time with mine as I'd like to. Going home is definitely the thing I look forward to the most at Christmas. As I work on Sunday's, I won't be venturing home until the 23rd this year and even then it's only for a few days. But I'll without a doubt be treasuring every single moment I get to spend back home.
  • Snow. Despite the fact that I'm not the biggest snow fan as I can't drive in the snow, I'm most certainly wishing for a white Christmas this year. It looks pretty and it makes you feel a lot more festive. We've had many weather warnings about the chances of Snow in the UK this year yet none of the warnings have seemed to have come true where I live. According to this nifty little tool called "Will I Get A White Christmas," there's a 25% chance of snow on Christmas Day in Lincoln where I am. I'll take that!

And there you have it! The things I'm looking forward to this Christmas.What are you looking forward to this Christmas?
*collaborative post
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________