Tuesday 3 December 2013

MAKE UP | L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Collection Privée in Eva's Nude



It was love at first swatch with this lipstick. I've been trying to find the "perfect nude" ever since the blogosphere was obsessed with GOSH's Darling way back in 2010. For reference, that lipstick in particular made me look like a 12 year old chav who'd painted over her lips with concealer. Or a corpse. Whichever analogy takes your fancy.

The L'Oreal Collection Privee range includes six custom made nudes that have been chosen by different spokespersons of the brand: Doutzen Kroes, Eva Longoria, Cheryl, Julianne Moore, Freida Pinto and Liya Kebede. Originally, I thought that Doutzen's nude would be perfect for me - a barely there pink that's wonderful for pale ladies - but after swatching it, I was disheartened and decided to swatch the rest of the collection. I then came across Eva's nude, "Barely Golden." Despite the fact that my skin tone resembles Eva's in no way shape or form, this nude is perfect for my complexion. 

The lipstick applies nice and smoothly and despite not trying much from L'Oreal in the past, this lipstick has made me want to dive further into the brand. The lipstick doesn't stay on the lips for long but that's probably because it's very moisturising which I do prefer. It leaves a glossy sheen on the lips and a lot of pigmentation. It also has a beautiful subtle scent of parma violets, so I can't knock it for that. The packaging, as you can probably tell from the images, is also understated, beautiful and looks expensive.

This lipstick is available to buy here where it retails for £8.19. 

Have you tried a lipstick from this collection? What's your favourite nude lipstick?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________