Sunday 1 January 2012

Bio-Oil Campaign - Accept Your Imperfections

1 in 3 women feel self-conscious, embarrassed, worried or even ashamed about having scars or stretch marks. And nearly 1 in 5 women report that scars and stretch marks have a negative impact on what they choose to wear. Which is shocking as both are very common - on average, every woman has three scars and 43% of all women have stretch marks somewhere on their body from puberty, pregnancy or weight gain.
Tumblr_lwn1mi7mvp1qi1q58o1_500_large
To help improve the nation's relationship with their skin blemishes, Bio-Oil has launched 'Skin Stories.' This campaign celebrates every scar and stretch mark and helps women realise that all of theirs has a story to tell. The campaign in centred around Facebook and it encourages women to upload their own Skin Stories as inspiration to other women. Not only this but Bio-Oil will donate £1 to the British Skin Foundation for every story in order to help fund research into skin health.
293574_2181808259214_1067174372_2544036_2840601_n_large
Now for me personally, I do have scars. I have a few scars on my face that have been left from spots when I was a teenager. I can remember absolutely hating them when I was younger. I wouldn't want to leave the house and I'd never been seen without make up to cover them up. But now, I've accepted them. They're a part of who I am and they've made me see how far I've come, skin wise. It may not seem like a lot to you and people who have never suffered with bad skin may not understand the negative impact it has upon your life. But your self confidence is shattered. But seeing my scars makes me see how much I've grown as a person and now, I'm proud to have them. I can go outside and face the world without make up. It may have taken me a few years, but I've got there. Also, if I'd have never suffered with bad skin, I wouldn't have taken an interest in make up and beauty products so therefore I'd never have found blogging. And right now, I can't imagine my life without it.
Tumblr_lwzmipf8781r79fego1_500_large

So share your Skin Story on the Bio-Oil Facebook Page! And if you do, make sure you leave a comment below. I'd love to read your stories.