Saturday 21 January 2012

Editing Pictures

When I heard the news that Picnik was closing down, I genuinely was gutted. Although I don't edit the pictures I use for my blog, I do crop them on Picnik as it's simple to use and doesn't tend to lose the quality. I did however find out that their premium features were going to be available free of charge, so I decided to have a little play around..
This picture is the original picture. I took it before going out one day and it's completely unedited. I'm not fond of this picture, but I thought it'd be pretty easy to edit.. and it was;
And this is the edited picture. I've changed my hair colour, changed my lip colour, changed my eye colour, accentuated my mascara, brightened my eyes, added blush, changed my hair colour, airbrushed my skin and gave myself a tan. And as you can see, the pictures are completely different. I look like a brunette Barbie doll in the second picture but I must admit, I love my eye colour and my tan!

I'd recommend having a play around with the 'touch up' features on Picnik. It's fun to completely change your looks and see what you can create. If you do, link me below. Also, what do you think about edited pictures? In general and on blogs?
xxx