Wednesday 4 January 2012

Epilators - Philips Satinelle Soft

I've always wanted an epilator. There's nothing more appealing to me than not having to shave your legs for weeks. And that's what epilators allow. If you don't know what one is, then I'll briefly sum them up; epilators have lots of tiny tweezers that pluck out your hairs and therefore give you smooth skin for weeks.. a lot better than shaving daily! 
So yes, I've always wanted one. That was until I opened one of Christmas day. I was petrified. I've read a lot of 'terror' stories about them.. apparently, they're very painful. But of course, after a while you get used to it and it's not longer painful. I briefly tried it out on my mums arms on Christmas day and as soon as it touched her a little tiny big, she screamed. So that only further scared me!
The epilator features a shaving head (which in this photo is attached to the shaver), a shaving head attachment to trim your bikini area, an epilator head, an epilator attachment to cut longer hairs and massage the skin and finally, a brush to clean everything with! (It also includes a carrying bag, a mains charger and lots of booklets).
This is the shaving head and the attachment. That's the good thing about this epilator.. if you can't handle the pain, there's always a good old trusty shaver! The shaver perfectly follows the contours of your bikini line, underarms and legs for a close and smooth shave. The attachment is great for trimming long hairs before shaving or epilating. 
This is the epilating attachment and head. It lifts and massages even the shortest hairs for fast, effective epilation. The massage action minimises the pulling sensation and relaxes the skin. This epilator captures hairs from 0.5mm to 4mm which is a great range.

Now, even after reading what the massaging attachment does, I'm still scared to use it! So basically this post is a 'help' post. I was wondering what advice you have for epilating. If there's anything that can stop the pain? The best way to do it? If it's better with wet or dry skin? Anything you know about epilating, please post in the comments! You can view more about this shaver/epilator and buy it here.
Thank you :)
xxx