Tuesday 3 January 2012

You Deserve To Be YOU.

I wrote this post a few days ago and I was hoping to encourage people to embrace their imperfections. I'm not a life saver, I'm not a miracle worker and my blog only reaches a tiny minority of people around this huge world. But if that post helped just one person in the slightest way, then I'm proud. As I mentioned in the post, I don't have perfect skin; I get spots, I have scars, it's uneven, it's dry, it's oily, it's everything bad. But I've finally learnt to accept that. And I'm proud to say, I can be who I am. I can walk outside make up less. And I hope that one day, everyone can feel confident within themselves. Because you deserve it. I don't even know why I'm writing this. I guess it's probably because I've had to put up with a lot of crap about who I am. I've put myself out there on the internet; Twitter, YouTube and this blog. And people can be nasty. You open yourselves up and the way you get treated isn't fair. But I've gone past caring. I hope one day you embrace yourself and love yourself.
So as Christina Aguilera once said; 'No hype, no glass, no pretence, just me.. stripped.'
And there I am. Make up less at 1am in the morning. (In all honesty, my spots have now cleared up) but you can see my scars. You can see my bumps and you can see my bags. Imperfections and all. As I said, I'm not trying to change the world. I'm just hoping that one day, you accept who you are. 
xxx