Friday 13 January 2012

Urban Decay's Naked 2 Palette (Swatched & Review)

I know I really don't need to talk about this palette because it's all over the blogosphere but I'm absolutely in love with it and dedicating a whole post to is is exciting and worth it. So, are you ready?
It's beautiful isn't it? The packaging is lovely. Very sturdy, very classy and 100 times better than the original Naked palette. It comes with a full size mirror inside and somewhere to keep the brush that comes with it.
So what comes with the palette? You get a double ended brush which includes a general eyeshadow brush and a crease brush. These brushes are okay. They look beautiful but they're a bit stiff and not the best at blending. They haven't replaced my usual brushes and I would've preferred another eyeliner like in the original palette but they'll do. You also get Urban Decay's Lip Junkie lip gloss in Naked. This has received a lot of bad coverage but I actually like it. It's a lovely colour, lasts on the lips and tastes gorgeous. Yes, I'd have loved another Primer Potion but I'm happy with the lip gloss.
Foxy - I use Foxy as an all over base colour. It cancels out any redness and is the perfect base for eyeshadow as it brightens the eye area.
Half Baked - This is in the original Naked palette and I didn't really use it much in that one but for me, it 'fits in' better in this palette.
Bootycall - This has replaced Sin for me as it's a great highlight colour that's very subtle but so pretty.
Chopper - I haven't really used Chopper yet but it has the most beautiful glitter running through it.
Tease - Beautiful in the crease to add subtle definition.
Snakebite - Another one I use in the crease, a really pretty colour. It's one of those deep nude colours that I love.
Suspect - I use this all over my lid and it's just wonderful. Really pretty and easy to wear.
Pistol - I haven't wore this colour but I'm considering wearing it tonight in the crease with Verve. Reminds me of a muted down Gunmetal.
Verve - A gorgeous shimmery silver colour that I love wearing all over the lids. Really highlights the eyes and makes them look better than they are.
YDK - Exceptionally pigmented with glitter that has a little bit of fall out. But it's really beautiful. I haven't really used it much yet though.
Busted - Quite simply a beautiful crease colour.
Blackout - A true matte black that I've been using to set my eyeliner.
L-R Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite
L-R Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout
So the big question; do you need both? The answer is no. The original Naked palette is warm whereas this one is cool toned so if you compare the swatches and figure out your skin tone then that will tell you which one will be better for you. However, I did believe I needed both purely because I love them and I'll never need to buy anything eyeshadow again. I'm a nude girl and I barely ever wear colour on my eyes so these are just perfect for me. I also see them both as a collectors item. 
You can buy the original Naked palette here and the Naked 2 palette here.
Do you have any of these? Which one do you prefer?
xxx