Monday 16 January 2012

My MAC Lipstick Collection: Swatched

Following the response from my poll again, I thought I'd swatch you my MAC lipsticks.. especially because I've added a new one to my collection. I don't have many but I am trying to expand my collection as in my opinion, they're the best lipsticks you can get. Whenever I go into a MAC store, I'm always overwhelmed by all the shades and finishes though and the majority of the time, the staff are rude. So I usually leave empty handed which is a shame. But rant over, here is my collection!
L-R Kinda Sexy (Matte), Saint Germain (Amplified), Lazy Day from the To The Beach collection (Lustre), Costa Chic (Frost), Please Me (Matte).
My favourite formula is definitely matte. They last a really long time and unlike most matte lipsticks, they aren't drying at all. Also, I like how versatile they are. For example, if you wanted a glossy lipstick, all you have to do is add a gloss over the top. Or you can leave them matte.
Swatched in the same order as above.
Seeing them next to each other, I'm pretty shocked at how different the colours are. Kinda Sexy is a lovely every day colour that has hints of nude and coral in it. Saint Germain is obviously very bright, a beautiful Barbie pink that can be patted onto the lips to tone the colour down. Lazy Day is the perfect pink nude colour that I don't dare use because it was limited edition. Costa Chic is on the verge of being a red but it's also pinky and once again, can be toned down by being patted onto the lips. And finally, Please Me is my latest edition and it's just the most beautiful muted down pink that sits wonderfully on the lip.

As I'm quite a novice in MAC (still) I was wondering, what is your favourite MAC product? What's your favourite MAC finish? And finally, what is your favourite MAC lipstick?
xxx